31st May 2015, 02:06 PM
Unregistered

Should I choose NIOS Board to join Defence Services if failed in 12th ISC?

Sir,
I have failed in 12th ISC Board.
I want to make my career in Defence Services.
Is NIOS Board is applicable for this?
Please reply about this.
Thanks and regards-

31st May 2015, 09:10 PM
chintu helper
Senior Member++

Thumbs up Re: Should I choose NIOS Board to join Defence Services if failed in 12th ISC?

Absolutely yes NIOS board is recognized board by government of India, you can apply for NIOS board and they will provide you admission on the basis of 10th class marksheet ,
Certificate of National Institute of Open Schooling is applicable in defense services you will never face any issue in future
Truth is that NIOS board is recognized board in India but reputed atleast in india and reputation doesn't matters in defense services
31st May 2015, 09:35 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I choose NIOS Board to join Defence Services if failed in 12th ISC?

Don't worry you are eligible for to join defense service after 12th standard with NIOS board because NIOS is recognized board.

You have to apply NDA exam which is conducted by UPSC twice in a year to join defense services.

Education Qualification:

12th standard from a recognized university with science background to join navy and air force.

Any stream to join Indian Army

Age limit is 16.5-19 years for NDA exam.

You must be physically as well as mentally fit.

Only unmarried male candidates are eligible for NDA exam.

Therefore you have to complete 12th standard with NIOS or recognized board.
1st June 2015, 01:06 AM
zzaza
Senior Member+

Default Re: Should I choose NIOS Board to join Defence Services if failed in 12th ISC?

Yes of cause National Institute of Open Schooling is also a recognized board. You can easily start your defense career with NIOS passing certificate.

After 12th standard you have opportunity to join indian defense by giving NDA entrance exam. After giving this exam if you qualify then you will be called for SSB Interview. But for giving this examination you need to choose Non-Medical stream in 12th standard. Also you need to work hard in 12th standard so that your score will give you some more chances to join NDA.
1st June 2015, 10:19 AM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can choose NIOS Board to join Defence Services after getting failed in 12th ISC exams.

NIOS board students are eligible for it.
NIOS board is recognised for all government exams, so don't worry just complete your studies with NIOS Board.
1st June 2015, 12:06 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

To pursue your career in Defence service you must hold a bachelor's degree from a recognized university/ college. You can opt for National institute of open schooling (NIOS) to complete your class 12. As NIOS certificates are valid and recognized and at par with the other national and state educational boards. After passing class 12 examination form NIOS board, enter into the graduation course which is the minimum eligibility criteria for applying defence service examinations.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?