21st October 2014, 11:51 AM
Unregistered

Procedure to get admission in CA after completing 12th standard? Is graduation mandatory for joining CA?

Sir,
my daughter is in class 12 now, and i want to know the right procedure to do CA. Please write me right step to get the admission in CA. According to you for C A graduation is must or she can do successfully it after class 12 also. I live in Delhi. So please give me the best advice to make her carrier in A.

22nd October 2014, 06:47 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure to get admission in CA after completing 12th standard? Is graduation mandatory for joining CA?

Candidates who has completed their intermediate can join in CA course. And graduation is not required to join in CA course.
And to get admission in CA course, you have to register for the CPT exam before the completion of intermediate. You should take coaching for attending this exam, because it is a very competitive exam and even it will negative marks for each wrong answer. Then you have to attend for CPT(Competence Proficiency Test). If you can qualify this exam, you will become eligible for IPCC(Integrated Proficiency Competence Course) . And this course will be conducted two sessions. You can appear both exams at a time or at different sessions.
After the completion of IPCC course, you have undergo an articled training for one to three years. And after completing the training, you can appear for the CA-Final exam, which will be the end of the course.

Exemption for CPT exam:-
If the candidate good percentage in intermediate, then can directly join in IPCC course without CPT exam. The following is the percentage requirement to get exempted from CPT
1)55 percentage for commerce students.
2)60 percentage for Non-commerce students.
22nd October 2014, 08:30 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure to get admission in CA after completing 12th standard? Is graduation mandatory for joining CA?

No, graduation is not required to be eligible to pursue the CA course. To get admission in CA course, you need to appear for the Common Proficiency Test (CPT) which is conducted by the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI). Candidates who have completed 12th standard from a recognised board are eligible to appear for the CPT exam.

On successful completion of CPT, you are eligible to register for Integrated Professional Competence Course (IPCC). In IPCC course, you will have a option to select Group 1 or Group 2 for your nine months course study and at the same time, you need to take hundred hours of Information Technology Training followed by Article ship training. On completion of nine months foundation course study, you need to appear for the Group I or Group II examinations. Group I has four papers while Group II has three papers. This is the Integrated Professional Competence test commonly known as the Intermediate examination of CA course. Graduates with 50 percent marks in subjects (Auditing and Commercial, Accounting, or Mercantile Law) and graduates in other disciplines with 55 per cent marks can directly register for the IPPC course without appearing for the foundation course.

After qualifying in Group I or Group II of Integrated Professional Competence Examination, you can register as Articled Assistant for a three year period. You can join the final CA course while serving as Articled Assistant. You can appear for the final CA examination on completion of the three year articled training and by acquiring the ICAI membership, you will be designated as Chartered Accountant.
23rd October 2014, 12:17 AM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

If you are a 12th class pass student and want to join CA course, then you have to qualify CPT (Common Proficiency Test). This is the first stage for 12th class pass candidates for entering CA course. After passing CPT, you can apply for admission into CA IPCC which is the second stage of this course. After CA IPCC, there will be CA final which is the last stage of the course.

For Graduate in Commerce with 55% marks, there is no need to apply for CPT.

Non Commerce Graduates with 60% marks are also exempted from CPT and can directly apply for CA IPCC.

Hence, your daughter can register herself for CPT and be well prepared for it because you have to score above 50% marks in each section to qualify it.

For more information visit http://icaiexam.icai.org/guide_cpt.php
21st June 2015, 04:53 PM
Unregistered

I got 943marks in 12th I want to do ca I want to know whether I can do ca from home as there is no ca institute near my place and also to know the procedures to attend the exams
30th June 2015, 09:12 PM
reconnect

After passing 12th one can get admission in CA. But, firstly your daughter have to pass the exam of CPT(Common Proficiency Test). For CPT your daughter has to prepare herself very well because She has to score more than 50% in each of the section. For commerce students it is 50% and for non commerce students it is 60%.
GOOD LUCK.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?