1st September 2014, 01:19 AM
Unregistered

Some proof with which I could solidify my point when I confront them about it GCSE UK and CBSE India?

I came to uk after finishing my class CBSE class 10 board exam in 2013. I'm applying for school here and when the school tried to translate my grades from CBSE to GCSE, he said that my grades is comparable to GCSE grade D-G, although I have achieved A grade in all subjects in CBSE class X examination. That was a major shock to me and I'm pretty sure that they have translated the grades very wrongly. Can you provide me with some proof with which I could solidify my point when I confront them about it.

8th September 2014, 01:39 AM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Some proof with which I could solidify my point when I confront them about it GCSE UK and CBSE India?

Since you haven’t mentioned the place in India from where you gave your 10th boards, I am going to give you a generalized answer for your query.
Currently, there are 10 regional offices of CBSE in India i.e., Delhi, Chennai, Guwahati, Ajmer, Panchkula, Allahabad, Patna, Bhubaneswar, Thiruvananthapuram and Dehradun. Based on your location for examination, check which region you belonged to. Then, you need to go to your regional office and tell them the situation. They can do two things now:

(1) They’ll issue you a letter/certificate saying that CBSE’s 10th standard grading system is based along the lines of GCSE’s O-level grading system.Or,
(2) They’ll tell you to go to the main CBSE office in Delhi and apply for that letter there.
Do carry all supporting documents with you. It’ll take maybe 10-15 days tops but they will get back to you positively.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?