18th January 2011, 02:51 PM
narain.s

Direct admission to Ph.D. in Physics for a candidate with published research papers

Is there any provision for admission to PhD in physics without entrance test, interview and course work anywhere, for a candidate with published research papers?

Related Questions:
  1. Is there any limitation in pHd that you have to publish 7 research articles first?
  2. Can I get direct admission to study PhD in Physics without appearing in UGC-NET?
  3. Criteria for joining integrated phd (astro physics)? Colleges for integrated phd (astro physics) in Bangalore? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. Does ISRO offer PhD in Physics course to M.Sc candidate? Procedure to apply?
  5. ISRO offers PhD in Physics course to M.Sc candidate? Procedure to apply?
  6. How being a Junior Research Fellow could help for admission in PhD?
  7. Eligibility to study PhD in Physics for M.Sc candidate?
  8. Procedure to get admission to study PhD in Physics at Mumbai University for a candidate who has completed M.Phil and B.Ed from Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam?
  9. Topics or papers for PhD research in Artificial Network Research?
  10. What can I do achieve a good career after B.Sc Physics?
  11. Is there any direct admission scheme in IITs for PhD for university topper?
  12. Will a PhD from IISC get me what I want?
  13. From where I can do PhD without GRE in Abroad being a Physics postgraduate? -- [New]
  14. Universities or colleges that provides direct admission in PhD to female candidates?
  15. Can I get direct admission to study PhD in Anthropology in any university of India being a M.Sc candidate?
  16. Admission procedure to study PhD(Physics) in Mumbai University for M.Phil postgraduate of Kerala? Possibility to get direct admission?
  17. Can I get direct admission in Kolhan University to study PhD with 60% in Post Graduation?
  18. In which universities of USA I can apply directly for PhD in Physics? What are their requirements?
26th January 2011, 03:38 AM
akki89

Default Re: Direct admission to Ph.D. in Physics for a candidate with published research papers

Quote:
Originally Posted by narain.s View Post
Is there any provision for admission to PhD in physics without entrance test, interview and course work anywhere, for a candidate with published research papers?
Dear friend,

If you have already have published research papers then you might have
a good command over the subject/topic in which you want to do Ph.D.
You can apply to the Professors of different colleges (like IITs,NITs,etc)
and research institutes(eg. IISc,IISER,etc.) with your resume and related
published papers.
But i wil recomment you to appear first for Net examination and then apply
with NET ranking. On the basis of your ranking you will be preffered over
the other candidates who might be applying without appearing for the
examination.

Best of luck !!!!
2nd April 2011, 01:58 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Direct admission to Ph.D. in Physics for a candidate with published research papers

what are the requierments for getting admision for direct PHD in physics,which exams should i pass?
3rd April 2011, 05:27 PM
Unregistered

which universities can i apply for direct phd in physics/astrophysics in usa?I have research experiment but not a paper yet
8th May 2011, 08:15 PM
2cuteforuh21
Junior Member+

HIII,
If you have already have published research papers then you might have
a good command over the subject/topic in which you want to do Ph.D.
You can apply to the Professors of different colleges (like IITs,NITs,etc)
and research institutes(eg. IISc,IISER,etc.) with your resume and related
published papers.
But i wil recomment you to appear first for Net examination and then apply
with NET ranking. On the basis of your ranking you will be preffered over
the other candidates who might be applying without appearing for the
examination.

all the best
thank you
16th July 2011, 02:37 PM
Unregistered

hi,
Is there any provision for Phd admission within this year for a student with a DST scholarship but without NET/GATE qualification?
9th January 2012, 10:17 AM
Unregistered

If i am doing b.tech in IIT Then for phd admission in Iit what to do
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?