30th November 2016, 03:07 PM
haseeb meer

Which stream should I choose after 10th to be a Pilot if weak in Mathematics? Should I choose medical stream?

Sir, I have passed 10th standard and now I am very confused which stream should I choose for further study but little weak in Mathematics. I want to be a Pilot. Should I take medical stream? Please suggest me what should I do?

30th November 2016, 08:21 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which stream should I choose after 10th to be a Pilot if weak in Mathematics? Should I choose medical stream?

No, to become a pilot you must have to opt for non medical stream that is consists of Maths, Physics and Chemistry compulsory subject because to become pilot you have to join Pilot Training Schools and you have to crack JEE entrance exam and syllabus is based on yours 12th standard. So, you can not opt for medical stream to become pilot.
30th November 2016, 08:58 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which stream should I choose after 10th to be a Pilot if weak in Mathematics? Should I choose medical stream?

Candidate who is interested to become pilot has to take non medical stream in plus one and plus two because this is a minimum qualification required to become pilot and a medical student is not eligible to become pilot because mathematics is a compulsory subject in order to take pilot training in training school.
30th November 2016, 10:20 PM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Which stream should I choose after 10th to be a Pilot if weak in Mathematics? Should I choose medical stream?

10th class is a really important career junction in one's life when he/she has to chose a stream about further studies. Generally we have the following three streams:

1. Science
2. Commerce
3. Arts / Humanities

As per your concern, let me brief you a little bit about the further two classification of Science Streams:

1. PCM - Physics + Chemistry + Mathematics

This contains the above three subjects and is considered best for people that wish to take up Engineering or any other field other than Medical.

2. PCB - Physics + Chemistry + Biology

This one is intended for people that wish to take up medical as their career and obviously does not have mathematics as any option it it. Some schools do allow PCMB but it becomes too much many a times for the student to handle.

Now coming to your case when you say that you are weak in mathematics but still you wish to become a pilot, I would have to say it is not possible. Pilots are specially trained people who are required to be technically sound and most airlines and even army required a mathematics background for anybody that is aspiring to become a pilot.

Thus, the option for you is really clear here. If you take up medical stream that is PCB, there would be no mathematics in it. You can do it but it would take you in complete opposite direction to what you actually aspire to become in life.

Instead, I would suggest take some special coaching for mathematics and take PCM in your class 11th so that you can try your level best to become a pilot
30th November 2016, 11:48 PM
rachna sarswat
Senior Member+

If you want to become a pilot then you have to take Maths for your further education. Maths is compulsory subject for being a pilot. If you are not good in maths then you can join any coaching institute or you can take help of private tuition. There are some online tutors also and you can also take the help of CUEMATH. Please don't give up and keep trying. Thanks
30th November 2016, 11:56 PM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

You must have physics, chemistry, maths as the three main subjects in intermediate to apply for Pilot job. If you are weak in Mathematics then you should join any coaching classes. Never go for medical stream if you want to be a pilot. You should apply for non-medical stream and try to score more than 50% marks in 12th standard. After that you have to apply for AFCAT exam to make career as a pilot.
24th February 2018, 02:34 PM
Unregistered

Hello! I'm going to appear for my SSC board exams this March. I am willing to become a pilot, so which stream should I exactly go for - Science or Commerce?
25th February 2018, 09:26 PM

Hey!! I am students of 12 the and I am also interested in becoming a Pilot But...I also face the same problem as you are facing now. First of all I want to tell you that For Pilot PCM is necessary means you have to take maths in your Higher secondary classes.Don't Be so frightened For Qualifying Pilot Minimum marks required is 55% in PCM. And I am Damn Sure That you will easily get 55% marks in Maths with little much Hardwork. My blessing is with you.ALL THE BEST
16th April 2018, 08:05 PM
Unregistered

For take non madical subject like pcm how many percentage we gain in 10 standard
21st April 2019, 08:08 AM
Unregistered

I am weak in math calculation not very good but I want to become pilot what should I do take bio or not
3rd September 2019, 10:16 PM
Unregistered

Should I do an aeronautical engineering degree before going to a flight school to be a pilot ?
30th December 2019, 07:56 AM
Unregistered

I am weak in physics and good in maths which stream should choose
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?