3rd September 2012, 11:07 PM
Unregistered

Which stream must I choose after passing 10th to become an IFS officer

which stream must i choose after 10th to become an is pfficer?

15th October 2012, 07:33 PM
infoysis
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Which stream must I choose after passing 10th to become an IFS officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
If your aspiring to become an IFS Officer than you should Need to Complete Graduation Course in science stream from recognized University .

So, After Completing 10th standard you have to apply for 11th standard in science and After Completing 12th Standard you have to Complete graduation Course in science stream than Only your eligible for IFS Examination .

IFS stands for ( Indian Forest Service ) and this Examination is Conducted by Union Public Service Commission .

Eligibility Criteria for IFS Examination :-

You should be Bachelor degree Course / Equivalent Course from recognized University .

And It's Compulsory you should Compulsory having any one of the Subjects like, Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics, and Zoology from recognized University .

Final year candidate may also eligible to apply for this Examination and Commerce and Arts stream candidates are not eligible for IFS Examination .

Your age should be Not less than 21 years and not More than 30 years and Upper age relaxation will applicable for ,

=For sc/st candidates:- Five years
=For obc candidates :- Three years

So, After Completing 10th standard , Please apply for 11th standard in science stream.
15th October 2012, 08:02 PM
Dharm27
Senior Member+++++

Thumbs up Re: Which stream must I choose after passing 10th to become an IFS officer

Quote:

IFS Stands for Indian Forest Service Examination

If you are aspiring to become an IFS Officer then you should have to choose science stream after completing your 10th examination.......

Eligibility And Criteria:

¶¶¶ A Bachelor’s degree with at least one of the subjects namely, Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture or Forestry or Engineering of a recognised university or equivalent.....

¶¶ Candidates appearing at their degree examination (with prescribed subjects) are also eligible to compete.....

¶¶ Age should be between 21 to 30 years. There is a relaxation available for Reserved Category..........

I. Written Examination - Conventional (essay) type:

• Paper I - General English 300 Marks
  • Paper II - General Knowledge 300 Marks
  • Paper III, IV, V & VI - Any two subjects to be selected from the list of optional subjects set out below. Each subject will have two papers. 200 Marks for each paper
  • Total marks for written examination 1400 Marks

List of optional subjects:

• Agriculture
  • Agricultural Engineering
  • Animal Husbandary & Veterinary Science
  • Botany
  • Chemistry
  • Chemical Engineering
  • Civil Engineering
  • Forestry
  • Geology
  • Mathematics
  • Mechanical Engineering
  • Physics
  • Statistics
  • Zoology

this exam is conducted in month of July Every year so, First of Complete your Graduation in Science Stream then you are eligible for it........

All the best

With Regards......
Dharm
15th October 2012, 08:12 PM
TARA001
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Which stream must I choose after passing 10th to become an IFS officer

Hello dear,
for an IFS OFFICER, you need to choose Science stream for your 11th & 12th standarad including subjects like physics, chemistry , maths, botany ,Zoology ,animal husbandry.

Eligibility criteria for IFS OFFICER(Indian Forest Service );

*graduate with compulsory subjects mentioned above from any recognized board / university.

*final year candidates may apply For IFS EXAMS.

Maximun 30years

*Relaxation of age for (ST/SC/OBC) Candidates.

So , for IFS EXAMS which is conducted by UPSC, you need to be graduate then you may apply.

So wishing you
GOOD LUCK!!!
15th October 2012, 08:29 PM
josh98
Senior Member+++++

Hi friend,

IFS stands for Indian Forest Service Examination and this examination is conducted by UPSC every year.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:

To apply for this examination you must have completed degree with one of the subject Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science Botany Geology Chemistry Physics mathematics Statistics and Zoology.

Final year appearing candidates are eligible for this exam.

Age limit should be between 21 to 30 years.

3 years relaxation for obc and 5 years relaxation for sc/st candidates.

Candidate should be citizen of india.

Exam Pattern:

Written Test

General English
General Knowledge
Any two subjects

the candidate cracked the written test are eligible for personal interview.

ALL THE BEST.
15th October 2012, 08:33 PM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Hi dear............
As you are interested to became an IFS officer for this you have to be a graduate in any discipline from a recognize university, But in science stream it will be more help full to get the jobs as you will be strong in Study.

Age Limits:

(a) A candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years.

*Ther is a age relaxation for SC/St & OBC cnaidates.

No. OF attempt :

General - 4 Times

OBC - 7 Times

Sc/ST - unlimited

Exam Pattern:

The list of best books for IFS exam:

For more details visit official website of UPSC.
http://www.upsc.gov.in

Good luck...........
15th October 2012, 10:56 PM
sumitjha14u
Senior Member+

HELLO DEAR

You should be Bachelor degree Course from recognized University .

YOU SHOULD CHOOSE THE SUBJECT LIKE:-

Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science
Botany
Chemistry
Geology
Mathematics
Physics
Statistics
Zoology from recognized University .

GOOD LUCK
15th October 2012, 11:51 PM
Mrs_Praveen_Gola
Senior Member+++++

IFS stands for ( Indian Forest Service ) and this Examination is Conducted by Union Public Service Commission.You must choose the science stream after your 10th class to clear the exam.The eligibility criteria for the same is as under-

1. You must have completed degree with one of the subject Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science Botany Geology Chemistry Physics mathematics Statistics and Zoology.

Final year appearing candidates are eligible for this exam.

2. The Age limit should be between 21 to 30 years.3 years relaxation for obc and 5 years relaxation for sc/st candidates.

3. Candidate should be citizen of india.

Exam Pattern:

Written Test

General English
General Knowledge
Any two subjects

Those candidates who cracked the written test are only eligible for personal interview.
26th June 2013, 05:39 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
IFS Exam Eligibility Criteria:-

Full form of Indian Forest Service. This examination is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission.

To give the IFS Exam you need to have any one of the following educational qualification:-

(i) You need to have a bachelor's degree in any one of the following subject: mathematics, physics, chemistry, botany, zoology, geology, statistics, veterinary science and animal husbandry.

(OR)

(ii) You have done a degree in engineering, agriculture or forestry.

(OR)

(iii) You have a bachelor's degree in medicine or surgery.

Age Limit:-

Lower Age Limit:- 21 years
Upper Age Limit:- 30 years

There is age relaxation for the following categories:-
  1. SC/ST Candidates: 5 years
  2. OBC Candidates: 3 years
  3. PWD Candidates: 10 years

Number of Attempts:-
  • General Candidates: 4 attempts
  • Other Backward Classes: 7 attempts
  • Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe: No limits

Selection Procedure:-

The Indian Forest Service Examination will consist of two successive stages:-

Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination:-

This is like the screen test which helps in shortlisting candidates for the Main Examination which is followed by an interview session. In this exam mostly objective type questions will be asked and there will be two papers mainly. For each paper 200 marks have been allotted and you will get two hours each to complete the paper.

Indian Forest Service (Main) Examination (Written and Interview):-

The written examination consisting of the following papers:-
  • Paper I- General English 300 Marks
  • Paper II-General Knowledge 300 Marks
  • Papers III, IV, V and VI.-Any two subjects to be selected from the list of the optional subjects

List of optional subjects:-

Agriculture, Agricultural Engineering, Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Forestry, Geology, Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Statistics, Zoology.

Hope this helps :-> :->
4th September 2013, 09:16 PM
Unregistered

Sir, which stream and degree is beneficial for me to pursue if i have to crack the Indian Foriegn Service exam? Maximum ifs qualifiers are from which stream?
13th October 2013, 03:48 PM
satyavi shivani

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumitjha14u View Post
HELLO DEAR

You should be Bachelor degree Course from recognized University .

YOU SHOULD CHOOSE THE SUBJECT LIKE:-

Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science
Botany
Chemistry
Geology
Mathematics
Physics
Statistics
Zoology from recognized University .

GOOD LUCK
can i choose sycology and pol sceince
13th January 2014, 06:42 PM
Unregistered

what streams would it be better to choose after 10th standard to become an IFS officer?
27th February 2014, 02:43 PM
samarth sinha

sir ,
i have a dout to chouse science maths or science bio ????
2nd April 2015, 01:22 PM
Unregistered

Can I become an Indian Forest Officer by taking humanities in 11th class
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?