7th September 2017, 02:28 PM
Unregistered

What is the marks required to get admission in science stream in a CBSE school?

I will study in 10th NIOS board, then I have 70% marks scored in 10th NIOS board class then I am admission in 11th commerce class in CBSE board science, they have required marks for commerce is 60% above then I got admission in CBSE board commerce class. Please answer my question fast.

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to get admission in another school after completion of 11th science stream?
  2. Cutoff percentage required in 10th CBSE to get HS Science admission in Sainik School, Punglwa?
  3. What to do, if Principal deny admission to my son in science stream due to grades?
  4. Cutoff percentage required in 10th CBSE to get HS Science admission in Army Public School, Jaipur?
  5. Cutoff percentage required in 10th CBSE to get HS Science admission in Army Public School, Trivandrum?
  6. Cutoff percentage required in 10th CBSE to get HS Science admission in Army Public School, Golconda?
  7. Cutoff percentage required in 10th CBSE to get HS Science admission in Army Public School, Basistha?
  8. Cutoff percentage required in 10th CBSE to get HS Science admission in Army Public School, Indore?
  9. What should be minimum percentage in class 10th under CBSE board to get Science stream in 11th?
  10. Can I seek admission in science stream in CBSE school after scoring 90% in total
  11. Is it possible to achieve 90% marks in open schooling with science stream in class 12th? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. Cutoff percentage required in 10th CBSE to get Intermediate Science admission in Army Public School, Kunraghat?
  13. Cutoff percentage required in 10th CBSE to get Intermediate Science admission in Army Public School, Nahan? -- [New]
  14. How to get admission in 11th class of residential CBSE School for girls?
  15. Possibility to study Science in Intermediate for a candidate with 57% in 10th Uttarakhand Board?
  16. Am I eligible to get admission for science stream after scoring 74 percentage in SSC?
  17. What is the procedure followed to admit in another CBSE schools? What is the entry admission fees asked for it?
  18. Is it possible to get admission in CBSE board Class 10th from one school to another?
7th September 2017, 05:19 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Default Re: What is the marks required to get admission in science stream in a CBSE school?

Let me inform you that different schools have different cutoffs for science stream.
Candidate having 60% marks in the 10th standard are eligible for Science stream in higher secondary education, but this may vary for different schools.
7th September 2017, 05:52 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the marks required to get admission in science stream in a CBSE school?

In order to take admission in class 11th in any of the reputed CBSE Board School, you must have to complete your class 10th examination from a recognized Board.
Most of the Schools require a minimum of 60% of marks in class 10th in order to offer admission in Commerce stream and for the Science stream, they require a minimum of 70% of marks in class 10th examination.
7th September 2017, 08:42 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

First thing I would like to let you know that in case of CBSE board there is no minimum requirement of marks in Class 10th for pursuing further studies with a particular stream and so there is no minimum marks barrier for getting science stream for your higher secondary school degree having passed your Class 10th with 70% marks.

Meanwhile I would like to mention here that some institute do have some criteria or minimum marks requirement for distribution of stream in their institute but it does not mean that you can not pursue science stream if you fail to satisfy their marks requirement.

Further I would like to advise you to try to take admission in that school that offers admission in Science stream to you if you are interested in Science as for you the Science stream will be more interesting and easy option as compared to one in which you are not interested.
7th September 2017, 09:15 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

In order to get admission in 11th CBSE school for science stream, you should have completed 10th standard with physics, chemistry and biology subjects with minimum 60% marks from a recognized board.

So, if you have achieved the above percentage of marks in PCB subjects, then you can definitely get admission in CBSE school to study science.
7th September 2017, 09:33 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

The cut off marks for admission varies at every school. It depends on the marks obtained in the class 10th board exam. You need to have excellent marks in science to get science stream at top schools.

If you have got less marks in science subject, then chances of admission in a reputed school will be far lesser.
8th September 2017, 12:37 AM
Thexpert
Banned

The marks required to get admission in science stream in a CBSE schools are not similar in every school. However the minimum marks you have to scored is 60% to get admission in science stream in CBSE Board.
8th September 2017, 09:46 PM
Solo13
Senior Member+

Every school has different criteria for providing admission.

If a candidate have minimum 60% in class 10th than he or she will get an admission in science stream.

You will require following documents to get admission-
Transfer certificate.
Mark sheet of class 10th etc.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?