7th July 2017, 05:02 PM
Unregistered

Which subject to choose as optional subjects other than physics, chemistry and biology?

Hi Sir, I am Alisha of class 10 student, I want to become a doctor, I know I should choose physics, chemistry and biology, but still confused which subject should I choose as optional. Please help me and tell me which subject. Should I choose math and economics because I am not good in both these subject. Please help me.

7th July 2017, 07:18 PM
SahnawazExpert
Banned

Default Re: Which subject to choose as optional subjects other than physics, chemistry and biology?

Choose mathematics as in future it will help you. The reason for this is that if in future if you thought of dropping MBBS and wants to pursue some other field then mathematics will help you. Most of the entrance exams do have mathematics as a subject. So mathematics would be a good option.
7th July 2017, 08:52 PM
A033bhishek

Default Re: Which subject to choose as optional subjects other than physics, chemistry and biology?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi Sir, I am Alisha of class 10 student, I want to become a doctor, I know I should choose physics, chemistry and biology, but still confused which subject should I choose as optional. Please help me and tell me which subject. Should I choose math and economics because I am not good in both these subject. Please help me.
To become a doctor you must have to study biology in your intermediate level with Physics and chemistry.

Subjects in optional are not mandatory. It depends on any student whether he/she is interested in opting for optional subject or not.
7th July 2017, 08:56 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Personally I would like to suggest you to choose Hindi or Physical Education as an additional subject if you want to pursue medicine course after passing 12th standard with physics, chemistry and Biology.
Moreover most preferable subject for you is physical education because it is a scoring subject.
7th July 2017, 10:13 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

If you are determined to become a doctor in future then it would be better for you to take Physics, Biology and Chemistry as your compulsory subjects and either of the Botany/Zoology/Biotechnology/Biochemistry subject as your optional one.
As these subjects are related to medical/biological strands which will help you to enhance your knowledge in future.
7th July 2017, 10:34 PM
raziaexpert
Banned

You should choose mathematics as an optional subject as it will assist you in somewhat Physics and chemistry as well.

Moreover, you are also interested in Mathematics, therefore, I would suggest you to go for maths as an optional subject and not physics if you want to pursue medical course.
7th July 2017, 11:15 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

If your aim is to become doctor, then opting economics and math is not going to have any effect. You can opt for any language subject, which can add to your qualification in future. Most of the schools offer some foreign language subject.

Admission in medical colleges is through entrance exam and if you want to concentrate on only becoming a doctor, then you should only concentrate on physics, chemistry and biology.
8th July 2017, 01:35 AM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

If you want to become a Doctor in future, then you must have to study Physics, Chemistry and Biology as compulsory subjects in class 12th. As a matter of optional subject, if you are not good in Mathematics, then you must opt computer application as an elective subject in class 12th.
8th July 2017, 02:01 AM
ranu shahi

If you are weak in maths and economics then you can choose either hindi or sanskrit as optional subject. But as i know PCMB has a great scope in future.
After taking PCMB in 12th you can pursue engineering, medical, banking, and many other fields.
8th July 2017, 01:48 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

To become a Doctor, you have to pursue your higher studies i.e., higher secondary course with Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects from a recognised board. You can opt English or Sanskrit or French as optional subject for pursuing your 12th standard.
8th July 2017, 04:44 PM
FRESHANSWERS
Senior Member+

If you have decided to be a doctor in future, then there is no need to choose any optional subject. You simply pursue intermediate with PCB as the three main subjects. However, if you still confused about your career field, then you shall prefer Mathematics as an optional subject which enables you to make your career in engineering sector also.
8th July 2017, 11:07 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

To get admission in Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery course, Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects are necessary.

Other than these, English is compulsory. Mathematics and Economics are not necessary for NEET exam for MBBS course. You can choose either Painting or Physical Education etc.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?