29th August 2010, 02:08 PM
comprishi

DASA scheme eligibility with Maths as non-credit subject? What are compulsory and options subjects in DASA scheme?

I am a NRI student currently studying in Nepal.I want to join NIT for my engineering degree through DASA scheme.
I have studied Physics,Chemistry,Biology,Maths,English in my higher secondary level.But in grade 12 i studied Math as a non-credit subject . Can i apply for the DASA scheme? as the DASA brouchure states:

CANDIDATES MUST HAVE PASSED THE SENIOR SECONDARY LEVEL WITH PHYSICS AND MATHEMATICS AS A COMPULSORY SUBJECT AND ANY ONE OF THE FOLLOWING AS OPTIONAL SUBJECT:CHEMISTRY,BIOTECHNOLOGY,COMPUTER SCIENCE,BIOLOGY

what does the compulsor and optional subject mean? Does it mean that i have to study maths as a credit subject or I must have passed with mathmetics?

30th August 2010, 11:21 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: DASA scheme eligibility with Maths as non-credit subject? What are compulsory and options subjects in DASA scheme?

You can check with the dasa officials.their email: [email protected]
6th September 2010, 08:30 PM
Bishwajit Giri
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: DASA scheme eligibility with Maths as non-credit subject? What are compulsory and options subjects in DASA scheme?

Dear Friend,
There are so many colleges under Direct Admission of Students Abroad(DASA) scheme,as you are interested to take admission in NITs,so you can get chance through entrance exam.
some important NITs are in which you can take admission:

1:National Institute of Technology,Durgapur,WB.

2:National Institute of Technology, Calicut, Kerala

3:National Institute of Technology, Jamshedpur, Jharkhand

4r. B.R. Ambedkar National Institute of Technology, Jalandhar, Punjab

5:National Institute of Technology, Rourkela, Orissa etc....

Its ok as you are interested in taking admission in those colleges
but there are some important criteria & rules for entrance exam:

1:You have to pass 12th exam with physics and mathematics as compulsory subjects including chemistry/Computer Sc./Biology/Boitech as a non-credit subject.

2:you should not be more than 17 year at the time of admission.

Good luck.
15th September 2010, 10:07 AM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

as the criterion saying that you have to pass Mathematics as a compulsory subject so you will not get chance to take admission. non credit subject means you have the subject as optional subject. so you will not be able to take admission there. don't worry for this. go for the other institution surely you will take admission in a very good institution. best of luck.
30th March 2011, 04:40 PM
Unregistered

I AM FROM NEPAL & PASSED 12th 62% MATHEMATICS AS OPTIONAL SUBJECT & I HAVE NO SAT SCORE ,AM I ELIGIBLE FOR DASA
6th July 2011, 09:37 PM
Unregistered

hi my name is kunal and in 12th i had taken PCB and i have not taken maths so i get admition in air force field
10th July 2011, 10:27 AM
fazlu
Member+

sorry you can't get the admission in air force .because you are not taken the maths subject.airforce field require minimum 12th std with science stream.it also require physics and maths subject.
24th September 2011, 11:24 PM
Unregistered

I am a NRI student who wishes to do my engineering in India but I currently study in the IGCSE syllabus.Am I eligible for the DASA scheme since my final exams are scheduled in June?
19th October 2011, 02:58 PM
Unregistered

I am nepali citizen but studied at india in a cbse school. I scored 79% in pcbm now do i get. Accept to nit w or durgapur.
21st November 2011, 06:42 PM
Unregistered

i had not taken maths as my subject in high school, can i appear for sat without maths as my subject?
21st June 2012, 11:27 AM
Unregistered

hey i am a nepali student from chitwan and i have got 70 percent in Plus two and i want to get admission in nit colleges but i dont know about sat what is sat score? It is nessasery to have sat score to study in nits i am very confused about it please suggest me
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?