29th January 2016, 06:56 AM
Unregistered

What is the age criteria for admission in Nursery and LKG in CBSE schools?

My daughter born on 25th February 2012. As of now she is 3 years and 3 months old. I want to get her admitted in LKG this year. So can you please tell me about the age criteria for admission in CBSE schools under LKG and Nursery?

29th January 2016, 12:35 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the age criteria for admission in Nursery and LKG in CBSE schools?

The age of candidate must be above 3 years and 6 months in order to get admission in LKG and Nursery in CBSE schools.
Your daughter can't get admission this year but she will be eligible for the next year.
29th January 2016, 01:32 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the age criteria for admission in Nursery and LKG in CBSE schools?

As per my knowledge the minimum age required to get admission in any CBSE school and other schools to nursery class is 2 years and 3 years to LKG.
But this criteria change from school to school.
As per the directive from the Federal Government of UAE minimum age for admission in KG will be 4 years.
29th January 2016, 01:52 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

You should take the admission for nursery in 3 years and 4 years for KG in CBSE schools in all over India.
So according to age you should take the admission.
29th January 2016, 07:15 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Age Criteria for Nursery and LKG Class in CBSE Schools:

No, she is not eligible to get admission in LKG class with the above mentioned date of Birth. As far as your daughter's date of birth is concerned, she is a 3 years 11 months child. Basically there is an age criteria for getting admission in 1st, 2nd and other classes. But there is no particular age for LKG admission and remember with the above age it is quite impossible to get admission in LKG course. So I suggest you to join your kid in Nursery class with the present age and make sure you meet the below age criteria for 1st Class admission. The minimum age for 1st class is 5 years and the maximum age must not exceed 7 years.
29th January 2016, 07:52 PM
kaushikprince
Senior Member++

L.K.G stands for Lower Kinder Garten.
Children need to study generally Nursery, LKG(Lower Kinder Garten) and UKG(Upper Kinder Garten) before they finally move to STD I.
Actually, there is no age limit for children to get admission in LKG and Nursery.

According to CBSE rules, students must be of age minimum 14 years and maximum 16 years at the time of 10th boards examination.
So, parents need to keep in mind the only thing that their children must starts their study at the age so that they will be of 14-16 years at the time of 10th boards examination.
In most of CBSE schools, only the children above 3 years can get admission in LKG but it is not actually a rule.
29th January 2016, 08:02 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

The minimum age required in order to get a candidate admitted in Nursery and Lkg is 3 years and 6 months. However, as you have mentioned above, your daughter is very much eligible for admission in Nursery or Lkg.
29th January 2016, 08:27 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

The minimum age required for your child to get admission in first standard in CBSE school is 5 years 6 months. So, to get admission in LKG in CBSE school, the child must have attained the minimum age of 3 years 6 months. Since, your daughter is born on 25th February 2012, she is nearly 4 years old, so, she can definitely get admission in LKG in CBSE schools.
29th January 2016, 09:45 PM
chintu helper
Senior Member++

No, she is not eligible for LKG class because the minimum age criteria is 4 years for LKG class. Your daughter is only 3 years old , so she is not eligible for LKG class. In that case wait for one more year.
31st January 2016, 09:41 PM
anu kumari 2
Senior Member+

Minimum age required in order to get a admission in Nursery and Lkg is 3 years to 3 and half months. so your daughter is eligible for admission in Nursery or Lkg.
5th July 2016, 07:17 AM
Unregistered

Good morning to all, my son born 1st august 2012, to suggest me which class getting admission for him to his age
23rd November 2016, 01:42 AM
Unregistered

My daughter is born on 23rd October 2013. Since she is 2 yrs 9 moth's old and not 3 years compete on or before 30th June she is not eligible for class nursery. My question is what will she or what she should be doing in this one year? She has to wait for the whole year to learn the same thing if she wasn't 3 months shot for admission????. If the age is really a big factor then why compulsory admission to class nursery. I think 3 yrs is a tender age. Why not admission start at the age of 4. Instead of reducing the age why not the portion is reduced.. ??? Why don't they start the session late .. ... Why so much inconvenience for parents.. . my daughter is getting late admission and moreover with 56k deposit 56 k fees books transport school uniform.
13th January 2017, 05:31 AM
Unregistered

My daughter is born on 11th Jan 2014. So please suggest me in which class she take admission.
14th January 2017, 07:39 AM
sapnayadav51

The minimum age limit for student to get admission in 1st class in CBSE school is 5 years 6 months. So, to get admission in LKG in CBSE school, the student must have the minimum age of 3 years 6 months. Since, your daughter is 4 years so, she can take admission in LKG in CBSE schools.
21st March 2017, 07:24 PM
Unregistered

Why every one spoil their children childhood ?
Remember that the child study 1st standard at the age 6 not the age of 5. And also the child in 10th at the age of 15 .
8th April 2017, 03:43 PM
Unregistered

What is the age criteria for admission in nursery in cbse affiliated school
16th May 2017, 11:29 AM
Unregistered

What is the age criteria for admission in class 1st as i got him admitted in play way in 2015 (Born on 28.08.2012) and now school has promoted him to class LKG.
25th May 2017, 07:54 PM
Unregistered

My daughter is born on 11th may 2013 so please suggest me in which class she take admission
27th January 2018, 11:14 PM
Unregistered

My daughter is born on 2nd Jan 2015.Pl suggest me if I can admit her in LKG this year-2018.
18th February 2018, 09:39 AM
Unregistered

Date of birth of my Son is 03 Nov 2013. In the next session starting wef 01 Apr 2018 in which class he should be admitted???
15th March 2018, 03:42 PM
Unregistered

My son is born on 31/10/2014. So please suggest me in which class he will take addmissio?
20th August 2018, 04:13 PM
Unregistered

My daughter is 2009 may born, now she is in 5th class, cbse. She wil 14 wen entering 10 standard and 14. 10 wen appearing fr the board exam. Is this crct or will she be made to repeat her class in future.
19th February 2019, 05:44 PM
Unregistered

My daughter is born on feb 2015 , would she be eligible for Ukg? Some schools are offering LKG only. Any inputs on this . If she can get into UKG suggest the names of the schools
28th February 2019, 05:44 PM
cookie1902
Senior Member+++++

To take admission in Nursery child should be over 3 years of age and for LKG child age should be above 4 years by September 3oth of that academic year.
2nd March 2019, 12:40 PM
Unregistered

What is the age criteria for get admission in 1 St standard in CBSE board?
16th April 2019, 03:31 PM
Hasmita P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
My daughter is born on feb 2015 , would she be eligible for Ukg? Some schools are offering LKG only. Any inputs on this . If she can get into UKG suggest the names of the schools

To get admission in upper KG in CBSE board schools, the child must be 5 years by the end of April. Nowadays, this board has become related to age criteria at the admission time. If you still want to try, then check in any of the CBSE schools in Amravati, if you can make it out, but chances are rare.
6th May 2019, 09:23 PM
Unregistered

What's the age for cbse to admit for Lkg and my child born in 25 Nov 2007
6th March 2020, 04:53 PM
Unregistered

My daughter age is 2years 7 month is it she is eligible for nursery class
28th August 2021, 06:38 PM
Unregistered

My baby born January 27 2016 so now we join in which class to study?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?