16th April 2016, 01:23 AM
Unregistered

What is the age limit followed for admitting LKG students in CBSE board schools?

My son dof birth is19.4.2013.i got prekg admission in cbsr school.but i expect lkg class. Because in certain schools have age limit is july31. I got thst school admission also.i have lot of confusion to choose the school. I put my son lkg in cbse school it affect his 10std or not

16th April 2016, 11:11 AM
Quantum reply

Default Re: What is the age limit followed for admitting LKG students in CBSE board schools?

Mainly CBSE has not defined any age limit criteria for LKG. CBSE defined the lower age limit criteria for LKG and for class 10th.
A student must have minimum 4 years of age to study in LKG. A student must have minimum age of 14 years in class 10th.
When your son will be in class 10th than he will fulfill the above age limit criteria defined by CBSE board.

Presently your son is eligible to get admission in LKG. For taking admission you need to go to the school in which you want to admit your child. You need to fulfill all the procedure of admission. After submission of fees your son will get the admission.
16th April 2016, 11:39 AM
A033bhishek

Default Re: What is the age limit followed for admitting LKG students in CBSE board schools?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
My son dof birth is19.4.2013.i got prekg admission in cbsr school.but i expect lkg class. Because in certain schools have age limit is july31. I got thst school admission also.i have lot of confusion to choose the school. I put my son lkg in cbse school it affect his 10std or not
See, According to the guidelines of CBSE(Central Board of Secondary Education) to get admission in LKG your child must have attained the age of 3 years at the 31st march of that year. By doing so in future when your child will enter in 10th standard he must have attained the age of 14 years which is complusary at the 31st march of that year.
Since your child was born in 19.04.2013. he is not eligible to get admission in LKG this time.
16th April 2016, 01:17 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

The minimum age required for a child to get admission in LKG in CBSE Board school is 3 years 6 months. The minimum age required to appear in CBSE 10th standard Board examinations is 15 years. So, if you can join your child in LKG at the age of 3 years 6 months, he is eligible to appear in CBSE 10th standard board examinations without any age problem.
16th April 2016, 04:31 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

I would suggest you to either get him admitted in LKG or wait for one more year as he might face age issues during his 10th board examination.

The minimum age required in order for any candidate in order to be eligible tio appear for 10th board examination is 15 years. Therefore according to his age he will only be of 14 years of age and that will be a problem for him.
16th April 2016, 10:26 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

The minimum age required to get admission in LKG is 3 and half years as per the rules of Government of India where as some private schools also give admission to students of 3 years.
18th April 2016, 04:59 PM
Unregistered

my daughters date of birth is 18.01.2016 she studied last year in pre kg i go to admission in lkg for this year but school management is not allowed in lkg any possibility is there shes studied in lkg
2nd December 2016, 01:37 AM
ranu shahi

The age criteria followed by CBSE Schools for the admission of students in LKG is at least 3 years and 6 months at the time of admission.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?