24th July 2015, 04:23 PM
Unregistered

What is the procedure for admission in Merchant Navy or Military school after 4th std?

Sir/Mam,

My son is 9 years old he is in 4th standard in a state board school when shall I try for a admission for my son in the navy school and what should I do for it.? What is the procedure for admission in Merchant Navy or Military school after 4th std? Can someone please answer me?

25th July 2015, 11:22 AM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the procedure for admission in Merchant Navy or Military school after 4th std?

For getting admission in the military schools you must have to fulfill the eligibility criteria first.

Here is the eligibility for military schools :

** You need to pass the Entrance Exam for getting admission in the military school.

** The entrance test is conducted for Class VI under the name The Common Entrance Test (CET).

** Once you passed the exam then you need to pass the interview and then the final merit list will be pasted on their website or in the school campus

Pattern of exam :

** Paper is completely OMR and contains questions from following sections :

* General Knowledge,
* Mathematics
* English

Age limit :

** Only boys between 10 to 11 years of age for Class VI of age as on 01 Jul 2015 are eligible for admission.
25th July 2015, 11:40 AM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the procedure for admission in Merchant Navy or Military school after 4th std?

Rashtriya military schools offers admission to class VI and class IX students.

The candidate has to appear for common entrance test which is conducted by the military schools. The admission is purely based on the merit. The entrance exam is conducted in the month of December every year.

Only boys are eligible to apply. The application form and prospectus are available at teh respective military school by paying an amount of Rs. 350/-

The website is http://www.rashtriyamilitaryschools.in/index.html
25th July 2015, 04:38 PM
pointer01

In Military school offers the admission only for class 6th,9th and 11th. As your son is in class 4th.So, he can take admission in Military school in class 6th.

Admission Eligibility in Military school-

For class 6th-
AGE-Only boys of 10 to 11 years of age can apply.

EDUCATION-For class 6th no previous education is mandatory.

MEDICAL-Selected candidate must be undergo medical exam at Command/Zonal or any other military hospital.

For class 9th-
AGE-Only boys of 13 to 14 years of age can apply.
EDUCATION-A candidate should have passed class 8th from a govt/recognized school.

Common Entrance Test-
For class 6th-
The CET for class 6th will be automated OMR based in subjects of Intelligence, General knowledge, English and Mathematics of class 5th.

For class 9th-
The CET for class 9th will be automated OMR based in subjects of English, Hindi, Science ,Mathematics and Social Science of class 8th.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?