18th April 2015, 11:50 PM
Unregistered

Details and procedure to get admission for 8th standard in Military school?

Sir/Mam,

My elder son study in 8th std, he has interested to admission in India any military school i, so pl. give the detail for admission for the same.? What would they expect for the admission? Is everyone eligible for it? Kindly provide me the information soon.

Alpesh Dodia

19th April 2015, 03:18 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Details and procedure to get admission for 8th standard in Military school?

Admission criteria in Military school:

(a) Academic session begins on 1st April of every year.

Priority is given to the children of serving Army Personnel, Army war windows, Assam rifles etc.

Duly completed application form should be submitted to the School office on or before the prescribed date.

Late submission of application form will not be entertained.

(b) Civilian Children will be given admission, only if seats are vacant.

Merit is the main criterion for admission of civilian on a role model concept.

Admission test will be conducted whenever it is applicable as per AWES rules.

Age limit:

Class Age as on 31st March of the year of admission

I 5 Years
II 6 Years
III 7 Years
IV 8 Years
V 9 Years
VI 10 Years
VII 11 Years
VIII 12 Years
IX 13 Years
X 14 Years

Documents:

The following documents are required at the time of admission-:

(a)Transfer certificate from the School last attended duly attested by an Edn Officer of the state.

(b)Character Certificate.

(c)Birth certificate.

(d)Marks Sheet/Progress Report.

(e)Two recent passport size photographs.

(f)Migration Certificate (if from Boards other than CBSE).

Note: Incomplete admission forms in any respect will be rejected & Once recorded, change in date of birth will not be accepted.
19th April 2015, 06:10 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Details and procedure to get admission for 8th standard in Military school?

Military schools won't offer admission into 8th class. Military schools offers admissions only into 6th and 9th standards by conducting admission test. So, you can apply for 9th standard admission after the completion of your 8th standard. To get admission in Military school, you have to appear for "RASHTRIYA MILITARY SCHOOLS" entrance exam, if you can qualify such exam, you can get admission in Military school.

Exam Pattern:-
Paper I:-
1. Mathematics & Science - 275 Marks

Paper II:-
2. English & Social Studies - 175 Marks
21st April 2015, 03:03 PM
chintu helper
Senior Member++

Thumbs up Re: Details and procedure to get admission for 8th standard in Military school?

Military Schools offers admissions only to 6th and 9th standards. So, you can apply for admission in 8th standard in Military School only after completion of your 7th standard. To get admission in 8th standard in Military School, you must have to appear in entrance examination conducted by the Military Schools.

Eligibility Criteria :-

1). You must have completed VII standard from a recognized school.
2). You must be in between 12 to 13 years of age.

By qualifying the written examination, you will be called for Interview and if you perform well in the Interview, you will get admission in 8th standard in Military School.

You need some certificates from your old school ,List of certificate is given below
1). Character certificate
2). Migeration Certificate
3). Date of Birth Certificate
4). Class 7 Marksheet
5) 2 recent passport size photos
23rd November 2018, 04:01 PM
Unregistered

Since Vacancies do occur from Time to Time for Std 8 there will have separate procedure for such exceptional cases . I did not get any data on such cases.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?