26th September 2016, 02:26 PM
Unregistered

What is the procedure to join NASA after class 12th?

Hi, I am Muskan and I want to do aeronautical engineering & join NASA. Now I am in 11th class science non-medical. What is the procedure after 12th?

26th September 2016, 04:48 PM
A033bhishek

Default Re: What is the procedure to join NASA after class 12th?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi, I am Muskan and I want to do aeronautical engineering & join NASA. Now I am in 11th class science non-medical. What is the procedure after 12th?
NASA is abbreviated form of National Aeronautical Space Agency.
Its a US based space agency.
There are so many fields to get into NASA.
~Aeronautical engineering
~Computer engineering
~Electrical engineering
~Earth and Planetary science
~Computer science
These are the fields in NASA through which you can get in.
Once you completed any of these course you become eligible to apply for NASA.
26th September 2016, 07:37 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

To join NASA after successfully completing class 12th, you first have to opt a Graduation degree course in either Engineering field or in Physical Science subjects from a recognised University with a good score in Graduation. It is good that you want to pursue Aeronautical Engineering after class 12th.
Once you have completed your Graduation degree in any of the above mentioned department, you should then complete your Ph.D degree in any of the below mentioned streams of Astrophysics, Geophysics, Metaphysics etc.
Then appear in the entrance examination conducted by NASA, qualifying in which you can successfully join NASA.
26th September 2016, 08:08 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

National Aeronautics and Space Administration is the expanded form of NASA.

NASA is an agency of the United States government responsible for the nation’s space programs and aerospace research.

There is not direct admission in NASA right after passing 12th. The minimum academic qualification required to get admission in NASA is graduation in engineering discipline.

Eligibility criteria for admission in NASA :-

Academic qualification : Intermediate/ Class 12th with the PCM Group along with a minimum percentage as stated. Bachelor of Technology with at least 70 % marks in aggregate.

Selection process :

Written exam ,

Group Discussion,

Technical interview,

HR Interview.
26th September 2016, 08:43 PM
shrivastava_aman
Senior Member+++

First of all, make it very clear that being an astronaut is a very very great dream but it is surely not a cake walk.

For being an astronaut you should get training at NASA and ISRO.

Since you are an India, then you can get admitted in ISRO.

There is an entrance exam on the graduation basis conducted by ISRO every year for engineers.

Since you are in 10th standard right now, you should concentrate on your studies, and most importantly on Mathematics and Physics.

Choose a science background with Maths + Physics as the main subjects in the 11th standard, pass 12th with a good grade and get admitted into a good Enginnering college with a branch of Aeronautical Engineering, if possible.

Pass the Engineering, appear in the entrance exam, crack it, and get admitted into ISRO.

I first cleared that its not at all a cake walk.

With mental soundness, you need to be physically sound too.
27th September 2016, 02:14 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

To join NASA you need to gather quite a good amount of experience therefore it is recommended for you to gather some experience first.

You can however, join ISRO after the completion of your B.Tech, to join ISRO, a written test is however conducted to hire Technical Students.

Therefore I recommend you to go for the exam first and after having gathered much experience in the above mentioned fields, you can however, apply for job in NASA.
8th May 2017, 04:55 PM
Unregistered

I am a student from nepal and I have completed my 12 in science and thinking about joining electrical engineering and to NASA
what must be my minimum percentage to join there?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?