19th April 2016, 06:50 PM
Unregistered

What is the process followed to shift from CBSE to state board?

Both my sons are in CBSE school.
I'm planning to change them to Sate board , as the current school fees is high & i don't see the required value for the fee they charge.

But i'm worried if they will be able to cope up with state board.
please also let me know if the 10th exams are different in both these boards.

Related Questions:
  1. Is it beneficial to change board from CBSE to state board? I've studied up to 5th std in Gujarati medium and shifted to CBSE
  2. Process to change board in class 10th from CBSE to State Board?
  3. Quota in medical seats in Gujarat for state board and CBSE students?
  4. Is it good to change board from CBSE to Kerala state while studying in 7th standard?
  5. How to shift board from Bihar State board to CBSE board?
  6. Is it beneficial to transfer from Gujarat State Board to CBSE board for 3rd and 5th standard students?
  7. Eligibility to get admission in 8th CBSE for 14 years old 7th State Board student?
  8. What should I choose among Private CBSE Board and UP Board if failed in 12th CBSE? Is it a barrier to get admission in B.Tech?
  9. Possibility to do 12th with CBSE Board after completion of 11th from State Board? Benefits of studying with CBSE Board?
  10. Which one to choose between state board and CBSE board? Do companies give importance to CBSE board students during selections? -- [Most Discussed]
  11. Number of seats reserved in Medical for CBSE Board, ICSE Board and Gujarat Board under NEET? Process of percentage calculation in Gujarat state board for NEET?
  12. Is it right to give preference to Maharashtra State Board instead of CBSE?
  13. How may I get procedure regarding change of board from CBSE to Gujarat board?
  14. Eligibility to get admission in 5th standard of CBSE Board for a candidate who has completed 4th from Tamil Nadu State Board?
  15. Whether changing the state will not give me advantage of 85% seats reservation in GUJCET 2015?
  16. CBSE or State Board, which is better to study in 11th Science?
  17. Can I repeat 12th class by changing board from Maharashtra board to CBSE board?
  18. Which board is better between CBSE Board and Andhra Pradesh State Board?
19th April 2016, 08:38 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the process followed to shift from CBSE to state board?

To change your sons from CBSE to State Board school, you must have to obtain Transfer Certificate from CBSE school and you need to submit it in State Board school along with Bonafide Certificate, Previous years Marks sheet, etc.,. By completing the admission process, you will be offered admission in State Board school.
19th April 2016, 11:53 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to change the board from CBSE to school board.

To change the board, you need to ask for migration, transfer certificate and other documents from your present school affiliated with CBSE and submit it to the state board school in which admission is sought.

Yes, almost syllabus for the schools are same, so if he will work hard for few terms , you will perform better in school.
20th April 2016, 01:16 AM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Both my sons are in CBSE school.
I'm planning to change them to Sate board , as the current school fees is high & i don't see the required value for the fee they charge.

But i'm worried if they will be able to cope up with state board.
please also let me know if the 10th exams are different in both these boards.
The aspirant has to get the application form from the state board school in which he seeks admission. You have to get the Transfer Certificate, Mark Sheets, passing certificate, migration certificate and conduct certificate from the school you are studying now. You have to submit the required documents and certificates along with the application form. Please check the details in the school you are going to join also for more details.
20th April 2016, 12:27 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Initially they need to adjust as the curriculum and the pattern will be different under state board as compared to CBSE board. The examination pattern and syllabus will be different in state board schools as compared to CBSE board schools. Hence it is recommended to change board of education at least by 9 th standard. This will help them to cope up and adjust to the new pattern and score well in 10th. Otherwise it should be changed after 10th. Your son needs to get admission call from another school. Post that you need to apply for transfer certificate in the current school. You need to get TC, migration certificate, character certificate, statement of marks of qualifying standard from the current school. Then all the formalities need to be completed as per new school's instructions to get the admission done.
20th April 2016, 04:22 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

You can shift them to state board after their board examination, i.e. in class 11 or in class 9, i.e. after 8th standard.

It will however be difficult in the very beginning to cope up with the syllabus as entire board will be shifted to a new pattern of education. However, if he is determined enough, he will very much be able to cope up with the new pattern.

The process is as simple as getting admission in any standard, i.e. get the application form, fill it up and submit and see if he gets admission or not.

In most of the schools they conduct an entrance examination, so in that case you will have to appear for the examination and then get admission in the board.
20th April 2016, 05:59 PM
ElsieMcHenry

He should studying in a school recognized or affiliated to the board or any other recognized board of secondary education in India.
He should pass qualifying or equivalent examination so as to get admission to that class.
He should produce the school leaving certificate or transfer certificate signed by the head of the institution.
Document or certificate of the qualifying examination.
Date of the birth certificate.
22nd April 2016, 09:12 PM
IQ14

Yes, your sons are eligible to change their board from CBSE to state board. For this you need the following documents-
Migration certificate, character certificate, report card of previous class , etc.

You need to follow the procedure of admission of that school in which you want to get admission. By the submission of fee your sons will get the admission.
8th January 2022, 05:20 PM
Unregistered

How to convert from cbsc to state board in tenth class begining.
24th January 2022, 05:28 PM
Unregistered

is migration certificate, transfer certificate, marksheet must in class 9 admission in stateboard from CBSE?
2nd May 2022, 09:30 PM
Unregistered

I need application form from cbse to state board karnataka
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?