22nd June 2016, 03:15 PM
Unregistered

What should I do first 12th or coaching for JEE Main preparation?

Hello,
I want to study Engineering from a Government college of India. I want to apply for JEE Main. As I know 12th marks wattage is included in JEE Main exam at the time of ranking. So, what should I do first 12th or coaching for JEE Main preparation?

23rd June 2016, 06:56 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I do first 12th or coaching for JEE Main preparation?

I would suggest you to opt for your 12th boards first as if you prepare for your 12th boards whole heartedly, it will not be much difficult for you to prepare and score well in your JEE(Main) examination. Therefore, I would suggest you to give your first priority to your 12th board examination and then to your entrance examination.
23rd June 2016, 08:37 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

You have to go for a balanced approach. Give equal time to both because failing in anyone will create problems in getting admission in a government college.

Concentrate on your class 12th preparation and allot a time table to prepare for JEE Main also. Question are asked from the class 11th and 12th syllabus only. Hence, what you study should be good enough to crack JEE Main if you have practiced solving sample papers.
23rd June 2016, 08:58 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

First you have study 12th compulsory, because 12th is the main eligibility to get admission in Engineering colleges. So it is better to complete 12th first. Along with 12th you can prepare for JEE main. Most of the intermediate colleges were giving JEE coaching for the intermediate students along with 12th subjects.
23rd June 2016, 11:28 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

According to me you should opt both in same time. You should join classes which offers both studies of intermediate as well as preparation of entrance examination. This will help you to crack entrance and by this you will be able to utilize time.
But if you do it individually then your time will not be utilized.
24th June 2016, 10:12 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

As far as my knowledge is concerned, I strongly suggest you to concentrate on 12th Class studies first. If you can concentrate on 12th Class studies, then I am sure you will get good grip over the core concepts. So that it may be helpful for you in both the cases i.e., for 12th Class Exam and for JEE Main Examination.

After successful completion of 12th Class, you may then go with JEE Main Examination. So that you would get good command over concepts in Intermediate and you can use them simultaneously for JEE Main Examination. If possible, I suggest you to join the best coaching institute to get good score in JEE Main Examination.
24th June 2016, 12:41 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Yes, the information what you have heard about JEE Main examination ranking is absolutely right. The JEE Main examination rank is done by taking 60% weightage of JEE Main marks you scored and 40% weightage of your 12th standard board examination marks.

You can prepare for JEE Main examination along with your 11th and 12th standard. There is no need to spend time separately for JEE Main examination and 11th and 12th standard. There are many colleges like Narayana, Sri Chaitanya, etc., which offers JEE Main examination coaching along with 12th standard. So, I suggest you to take JEE Main coaching along with your 12th standard, so, that your time will be saved instead of spending one year time for preparing for JEE Main examination.
24th June 2016, 01:49 PM
kavya bv
Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello,
I want to study Engineering from a Government college of India. I want to apply for JEE Main. As I know 12th marks wattage is included in JEE Main exam at the time of ranking. So, what should I do first 12th or coaching for JEE Main preparation?
As we all know that jee ranking now a days is getting impact by 12clas marks ....From this we can definitely clas 12 marks had a prominent role in deciding our rank in mains ...so studentshave to concentrate on clas 12 syllabus and exam first and simultaneously have to get coached in jee mains pattern as well.students should take coaching for mains in clas 11 also ,to have ground level knowledge and skills to appear for exam and such kind of prepreparation from clas 11 helps alot in clas12 ,so that they can concentrate on clas 12 exams as well as jee exams ... student have to concentrate and get depth knowledge in clas 12 syllabus first because it helps alot in answering mains paper definitely......
24th June 2016, 03:28 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

The preparation for 10+2 board exams and Joint Entrance Examination can be done simultaneously.

*What you need to score better marks in board exams is to cover all NCERT books of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics and practice intext and exercise questions as much as possible.

*For JEE preparation, you can follow standard books of different subjects and first develop better concepts and then solve practice questions to score well in these examination. You can even join a good coaching institute if you feel that you can not score well yourself.
24th June 2016, 04:55 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Look, it is up to you, if you have that potential to handle both the pressure, then you should do class 12th as well as prepare for the JEE Main. If you do so, you can save your one year after the completion of class 12th. If it is not possible for you to handle both of them, then you should first complete your class 12th as it is the most important stage for you. After that you can take preparation of JEE Main.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?