20th August 2014, 01:59 PM
Unregistered

What should I do if I get less than 50% marks in PCM?

Sir.
I'm afraid whether i'll get 50%for isc boards..i knw that 50% marks in pcm is required to get into engineering colleges in my state..what should i do if i get less than 50% in physics??
will the correction be liberal??
my ambition is 2 become an engineer

21st August 2014, 11:13 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I do if I get less than 50% marks in PCM?

Yes, 50% marks criteria is followed by most of the entrance exams and you need to score this much marks to become eligible for JEE or any other Engineering Entrance exam. So, make your best effort so that you can achieve this much marks which is not a difficult task for anyone as students are getting above 90% marks quite easily if you study properly.

If you are not able to achieve this much marks after studying a lot then i don't think you should continue into this stream as you will have a lot more difficult syllabus in Engineering. So, it will be better to look for some other course which is not related to physics, chemistry and maths as you have difficulty with these subjects.

Yes you can go for re-exam and get more marks but it will waste your precious years and that will be only useful if, you get admission into a top engineering college. Doing engineering from a sub standard college is certainly not the aim of any student. Hence, decide your future carefully because if you are not good in certain subjects then, it will surely be difficult for you to do a job related to that field.

Regards,
Ajay Gupta
21st August 2014, 11:14 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I do if I get less than 50% marks in PCM?

Yes 50% marks criteria is followed by most of the entrance exams and you need to score this much marks to become eligible for JEE or any other Engineering Entrance exam. Hence, make your best effort so that you can achieve this much marks which is not a difficult task for anyone as students are getting above 90% marks quite easily if you study properly.

If you are not able to achieve this much marks after studying a lot then, i don't think you should continue with this stream as you will have a lot more difficult syllabus in Engineering. So, it will be better to look for some other course which is not related to physics, chemistry and maths as you have difficulty with these subjects.

Yes you can go for re-exam and get more marks but it will waste your precious years and that will be only useful if you get admission into a top engineering college. Doing engineering from a sub standard college is certainly not the aim of any student. Hence, decide your future carefully because if you are not good in certain subjects then, it will surely be difficult for you to do a job related to that field.

Regards,
Ajay Gupta
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?