4th November 2011, 01:20 PM
Unregistered

Should I score 60% in all subjects or in PCM?

the 60 percent marks required in iit is in all subject or only in pcm

4th December 2011, 07:59 PM
tariqlko01

Default Re: Should I score 60% in all subjects or in PCM?

Candidates belonging to General (GE), Other Backward Classes (OBC) and DS categories must secure at least 60% marks in aggregate in their Qualifying Examination. Candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Physically Disabled (PD) categories must secure at least 55% marks in aggregate in the Qualifying Examination. The percentage of marks awarded by the Board will be treated as final. If the Board does not award the percentage of marks, it will be calculated based on the marks obtained in all subjects listed in the mark sheet. If any Board awards only letter grades without providing an equivalent percentage of marks on the grade sheet, the candidate should obtain a certificate from the Board specifying the equivalent marks, and submit it at the time of counselling. In case such a certificate is not provided by the candidate, then the decision of the Joint Implementation Committee of JEE-2011 regarding his/her eligibility shall be final.
The minimum percentage required for IIT JEE is 60% in aggregate which means you have to get 60% in all your subjects not only in PCM but also in english etc

So be prepared for it and if you have any more doubts regarding eligibility criteria you can check out the brochure from link given below

http://www.iitg.ac.in/jee/imagesib2011.pdf.
GOOD LUCK.
5th June 2012, 02:09 AM
Unregistered

i have 61 marks in physics,35 marks in maths,80 marks in chem.,79 marks in english and 74 marks in phy. edu is i am eligible for 2013 IITJEE exam.
23rd May 2013, 09:49 PM
Unregistered

is hindi a requirement subject
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?