11th November 2016, 03:47 PM
Unregistered

What subjects I have to study to become an astronaut?

Hi, I'm Puja student of class 8th & my dream is to become an astronaut, but I'm confused about which subjects I have to study to become an astronaut. Do I have to study some course to become scientist or engineer in ISRO?

11th November 2016, 09:59 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What subjects I have to study to become an astronaut?

In order to become an astronaut you have to complete your 12th standard and then graduation. During your 12th standard you have to choose science as your stream. After qualifying the 12th examination, you have to complete your bachelor's degree in space technology/astronomical science.

In order to become a scientist or an engineer in ISRO you have to complete your engineering in the field of electronics and communication/mechanical/computer science/civil/electrical. ISRO conducts an entrance examination to select the eligible candidates. Those who have appeared for GATE examination do not require to appear for the entrance examination of ISRO, but they have to attend the interview for the final selection.
12th November 2016, 11:27 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

You should take PCM at your 12th level of education and should opt for Physics Hons at graduation level and then go on to do PG degree and PhD in the subject. In order to join ISRO, you will have to appear for an entrance test conducted by the ISRO, and after clearing the examination, you will be most eligible to get into it. However, having an experience in the field in any other organization will help you to get into ISRO with a higher percentage.
30th November 2016, 10:47 PM
Unregistered

Do a girl of eighth standard want to become astronaut should her mind ask questions about space
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?