14th May 2016, 01:35 PM
Unregistered

Whether 63% in 10th ICSE is not enough to get Science in Intermediate?

Sir,
I have got 63% in my ICSE Board 10th standard in Kolkata. Still I am not getting admission in any good school for Science stream. Many of my friends said that 63% is not enough to do Science in Intermediate. Is that true?

16th May 2016, 09:02 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Whether 63% in 10th ICSE is not enough to get Science in Intermediate?

These days getting admission in science stream at top schools is very difficult if you have less than 80% marks. You can only get admission in a schools which is not that good with 63% marks.

You can try but chances in a reputed schools are very less. Try admission in as many schools as possible to increase your chances.
16th May 2016, 09:04 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Whether 63% in 10th ICSE is not enough to get Science in Intermediate?

To get admission in Intermediate Science stream in best schools, you must have passed 10th standard with at least 80% aggregate marks from a recognised board. Some schools also keep 90% as cut-off in 10th standard for offering admission in Intermediate Science stream.

But, there is no need to worry now as your examinations are over and results are already declared, you can do nothing now, so, as there are colleges which offer admission to candidates who have secured 60% in 10th standard, you can take admission in that college for pursuing your higher studies.
16th May 2016, 09:54 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

The admission to class 11 is based on the marks secured by the candidate in class 10. Each and every school has its own cut off percentage of marks to offer admission to science stream. But the minimum percentage of marks secured by the candidates to avail admission in science stream is that the candidate must have secured above 60% marks from a recognized board of education.

But all reputed schools offer admission only to the candidates who have secured above 75% marks in class 10. You can avail admission in science stream in any of the local colleges if you sincerely wish to pursue science stream otherwise opt for any of the non-science stream.
17th May 2016, 02:14 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Yes, it is not possible to get admission in best schools with only 63% in 10th board examination.

But, I think there are many schools which offers admission to candidates on the basis of entrance examination conducted by respective schools. So, you can try to appear and qualify in the examination.

There is no any limitation by ICSE board for admission of candidates on marks/aggregate in Science stream or other stream.
17th May 2016, 03:37 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Most of the Institutes provide admission to candidates in science stream, if the student has scored a minimum of 60% in their board examination. However, there are many top ranked schools where the competition level is so high that irrespective of the minimum marks for admission being 60%, one is unable to get admission as the competition level is high.

However, in most of the school you might be able to get admission. You should however fill in the application form for admission in various Institutions and see if you get admission in any such good Institution.
17th May 2016, 09:20 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

To get admission in good school in Intermediate Science stream, you need to score more than 80% aggregate marks in your 10th standard. Not all the schools ask for higher cut-off, there are also schools which offers admission for candidates who have 50% aggregate marks in 10th standard. So, I suggest you to find a better college with percentage you have got as 63% is not a bad one.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?