17th April 2016, 03:29 PM
Unregistered

Whether studying in coaching institute will help to improve the percentage of 10th ICSE?

Dear Sir/Madam,
My son is now promoted to 10th standard in ICSE Board. I am worried about his education as I have scored only 65% in 9th standard. So, I want to know that is sending him to any coaching institute will improve his studies? He is right now studying with home tutor. Kindly suggest me.

18th April 2016, 06:54 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Whether studying in coaching institute will help to improve the percentage of 10th ICSE?

That totally depends upon once own ability to put their efforts to study. You can very much score above 80-90% without he help of any coaching Institute as well as with the help of coaching Institutes.

If you however feel that you should take admission in any Institute to prepare for your examination, you should very much go for it, otherwise studying with determination could also lead you to success and you will be very much able to score well in board examination.
18th April 2016, 10:04 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Whether studying in coaching institute will help to improve the percentage of 10th ICSE?

Actually, you should take coaching in the coaching institute where your basic concepts can be cleared because Complex things are always understood when you are clear with your basics. It doesn't matter that a high coaching institute will be really helpful for you what is the main thing that is required is your clarification on the concepts that can be cleared by your school teachers or your tuition teacher as well. So, preference should be given to the tuition or your teachers. They will really help you out in making your concepts cleared.
18th April 2016, 11:03 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Yes, coaching is beneficial:-

Aspirants who studies with good tutor develop greater self-esteem and feel confident to achieve their goal

It also helps candidates to prepare for interviews and competitive exams and ICSE coaching

They encourage candidates to increase their knowledge

They provide material and guidelines on the important topics, exam patterns.
19th April 2016, 12:37 AM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

There is nothing to get tensed as such. He is in tenth standard and if he works hard, he can definitely score well in tenth. There will not be any requirement of coaching institutes. He should concentrate on his self-study and get rid of his weak points. You need to guide him and motivate him for self study. Make sure your son follows a good time table and he should stress on effective study rather than long study hours. Later on, he can give mock tests in coaching institutes to gain confidence and prepare well.
19th April 2016, 02:48 PM
A033bhishek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dear Sir/Madam,
My son is now promoted to 10th standard in ICSE Board. I am worried about his education as I have scored only 65% in 9th standard. So, I want to know that is sending him to any coaching institute will improve his studies? He is right now studying with home tutor. Kindly suggest me.
To get good marks in ICSE(Indian Certificate for Secondary Education) is totally depends on the student's performance in examination.
However, Dealing answers in pointwise, free from grammetical errors, good handwriting with your own words will lead you to score good in exams.
As far as coaching is concerned they help only if he is ready to learn and deal it with his own words instead of simply copying.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?