17th March 2011, 04:59 PM
Pooja kmari

Did I do anything wrong by quitting the job for preparing for MBA exams?

Hello People,

I was working for last 1 and half year and then made a decision to go for Higher Studies like M.B.A.
As I wanted to go to Top prestigious B-School I opted for resignation from my job so that Full focus can be given on my studies.
Now My friends have started advising that I shold have not left the Job and should have continued the studies along with Office work(which I personally fond difficult to manage) as per them M.B.A college prefer students who are working over the one who has left their job for Preparation.

Kindly let me know If my decision is Wrong or should I concentrate on my studies only.

31st May 2011, 11:49 PM
rohitkumarramesh
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Did I do anything wrong by quitting the job for preparing for MBA exams?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooja kmari View Post
Hello People,

I was working for last 1 and half year and then made a decision to go for Higher Studies like M.B.A.
As I wanted to go to Top prestigious B-School I opted for resignation from my job so that Full focus can be given on my studies.
Now My friends have started advising that I shold have not left the Job and should have continued the studies along with Office work(which I personally fond difficult to manage) as per them M.B.A college prefer students who are working over the one who has left their job for Preparation.

Kindly let me know If my decision is Wrong or should I concentrate on my studies only.

No, you took the right decision. Your facts are wrong regarding that MBA college prefer students who are working over the one who has left the jobs.

The MBA institutions only consider your graduate percentage and your entrance exam score, i.e what you have scored in MAt or CAT or any other entrance exam.

They do not see whether the candidate is working somewhere or not.

So you took the very right decision. Just study hard, prepare well and try to score well in entrance exams.
1st June 2011, 12:23 AM
Ankur agrawal

Default Re: Did I do anything wrong by quitting the job for preparing for MBA exams?

Hiii, there is nothing to wrong if you want to take admission in that field and you are intrsted so thier is no problem MBA is the fast growing field in the market..
ankur
1st June 2011, 12:26 AM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

hi
your friend mght be correct because in competation market you got a job.
So talented student sit in home without job so if you want to do MBA then you do
in correspondance. this is valid when you are in the service .
if you leave the study then you do correspondance that certificate has not valid..

So in my point you do not leave the job...
1st June 2011, 12:42 AM
foreturner
Senior Member+

well it depends on you if you are well determined and will invest

extra time fre3ed from quitting the job in studies the it is justified,

also you must be confident that you will clear the exams

so now dont worry about right or wrong as you have already taken the decision

now just concentrate on studies.
1st June 2011, 12:53 AM
mandiv

hello
dear according to me there was nothing that you did wrong....
since you'll get a good placement and a better salary package after doing M.B.A...
so there was nothing like that
preparing for such exam obviously needs time as well as hardwork...
so do not feel guilty
i m sure you'll get a better job..
all the best
1st June 2011, 09:02 AM
sri_green09

hi,always be confident with your decision.since you have left your job do not think of that too much.start studying to enter into a b.school as you like.
1st June 2011, 10:36 AM
ravik1214
Senior Member++++

Thumbs up Re: Did I do anything wrong by quitting the job for preparing for MBA exams?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooja kmari View Post
Hello People,

There are two views of your problem :

*Firstly i think your friends were right because today getting job is a bit difficult than earlier.But you said that it was difficult for you to manage the things so i think you have made right decision. But it should have been much better if you would have tried to manage the things that is MBA through distance learning along with work.

*Secondly the decision made by you is totally a justified and understandable as you were facing difficulties in managing things .Don't worry you will definitely get job after completing you MBA. Now just focus on your studies and try to secure better marks in mba entrance exams like -CAT ,MAT .

With Regards
ravik1214
1st June 2011, 11:02 AM
vikul

Smile Re: Did I do anything wrong by quitting the job for preparing for MBA exams?

Dear friend,,

you dont get yourself in pressure by listening to your friends you have surely made a correct decision by opting for higher studies like MBA so dont worry and fully focus on your studies

GOOD LUCK
1st June 2011, 11:30 AM
k.laxmi patnaik

listen always to yourself .i think if want to continue your studies in mba then go for it and focus on it.dont look back.
1st June 2011, 01:04 PM
sumansin
Senior Member+++++

Friend,
As my point of view you took right decision about your studies.It is very difficult to manage studies with 8/9 hours job.For doing MBA regular ,you need sufficient time to prepare for CAT,MAT.It was not possible with job.

If you do the MBA with distance learning then to do job is very important.

if you are preparing for CAT,MAT then no need to worry.By this you can get good college and top companies also do campus selections and you have some working experience also .So just concentrate on your studies.
1st June 2011, 01:19 PM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

hi
in my point of view you do not leave job
because you get job after job you prepared .
if you do MBA then you do in correspondance course that is valid when you on service.
In this reason your job is live and you do MBA..

Ok if you leave then you concentrate on prepaparation after you join a good college
and then you see your experience certificate and you also get job.....
DO NOT WORRY...
BEST OF LUCK
1st June 2011, 01:55 PM
Bishwajit Giri
Senior Member+++++

According to me ,do that what your mind says.don't be confused,if you can not manage job with your study,you should choose anyone of those two. Its your personal decision.

However,you can do your job with study by distance education(IGNOU,Vidyasagar University etc)

one thing I can say that as you have already a job in your hand,you should handle it ,because its little bit tough to get again

But if you have quality and knowledge then you must get job after completing your MBA degree. through some entrance exams like -CAT ,MAT,XAT etc.
1st June 2011, 02:16 PM
nipungupta

Smile Re: Did I do anything wrong by quitting the job for preparing for MBA exams?

When i make a decision i always go through the pro(positive aspects) and cons(negative aspects) of the situation.In your's i have pointed out these:-

Pro's
1.Going for higher education is never considered bad.It improves our social image.
2.Higher education=higher payout
3.Family is always in favor of us going for higher studies

Con's
1.Having a good job right now.(will get another)
2.What will my friends think.(its your career your life)
3.What if i didn't do well in my MBA.(you have to answer that)

Well from my angle quitting the job for higher studies ain't a wrong decision.If your friends says you did wrong then let them, because 2 years from now you will see your self at a much higher rank.Hope this helps.
1st June 2011, 05:43 PM
gautam chaudhary

my friend you have not taken a bad decison.although one can do his preparation alongwith her job but not everyone.every people have different working condition.leaving your job shows your spirit for education.dont worry go ahead.best of luck.
1st June 2011, 06:56 PM
balathegreat
Senior Member+

I am sure, your friend's advice are wrong. And your decision is absolutely correct. Because doing MBA in regular with a job is very tough. And to do in top B schools you need hard work. So for that you need to study with correct focus.
2nd June 2011, 12:38 AM
spms

Hai madam.
See the womens are very capable to manage all situation in any time, so don't feel for the time management , You can toggle both work and study .
Just you imagine and make your mind relax then you can do any thing ....
Take it easy nothing to worry..
3rd June 2011, 02:50 PM
fkaniz

you have to do only part time job if you needed very ..other wise you dont do the job only concentrate on your study.. as after complation of your m.b.a you get very well job.. all the best
30th June 2011, 11:57 PM
Unregistered

dont worry; i have also taken a drop!
others cannot understand the pressure situtation we are in, concentrate hard is all i will say...
10th July 2011, 09:01 PM
Unregistered

machi advise needed
12th July 2011, 09:22 PM
deepraj535

hello friend,
In my opinion you took a correct decision to quit the job and focus on studies more freely because you have to compete i a very strong competition so a full hearted effort is required.
And i dont think that working candidates have an edge over non-working students.
all the best
23rd July 2011, 01:46 AM
Unregistered

hey guys..i am working in a top IT company.I joined the company just two months ago and thot i would preparefor mba while working but i dont think tht would be easy....i never wanted to work.I got carried away when a good job opportunity came my way?i am thinking of leaving the job and give my 100% to mba preparation.Am i wrong? In any case i have to go to managemnt side only because i am intrstd in that only
24th January 2012, 04:24 PM
drurv

As my point of view you took right decision about your studies.It is very difficult to manage studies with 8/9 hours job.For doing MBA regular ,you need sufficient time to prepare for CAT,MAT.It was not possible with job.

If you do the MBA with distance learning then to do job is very important.

if you are preparing for CAT,MAT then no need to worry.By this you can get good college and top companies also do campus selections and you have some working experience also .So just concentrate on your studies.
7th May 2013, 08:08 PM
Unregistered

I have 22 months of experience in IT after which I resigned from the job.I want to pursue MBA from a good college.Did I take the right decision by quitting the job? Will this be considered as a negative point in MBA admission?I am in great dilemma.Is it possible to get the job again in IT in some other company?Please advise that I should continue with the studies or join a new job and carry on studies with the job.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?