20th March 2011, 06:31 PM
Aman Zaidi

Can I get in B.Tech 2nd year Mechanical after doing diploma in Mechanical Engineering?

sir,
I'm doing diploma in mechanical engineering(final sem.)from punjab. Now, i'm looking for admissions in B.tech mechanical engg. Can, I get admission in B.tech second year after diploma?????

Related Questions:
  1. Can I get admission in 2nd year of Mechanical Engineering Diploma in Mumbai if secured 43% in 12th and scored 59 marks in CET?
  2. Can I get in B.Tech 2nd year Mechanical after doing diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  3. Mechanical engineering in IIT after diploma in mechanical engineering? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. Which college can I get for direct 2nd year B.E Mechanical after scoring 65.85% in final year diploma mechanical engineering
  5. Which field should I choose after completing diploma in Mechanical Engineering with 81% marks? Colleges for direct 2nd year admission to diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  6. What is the difference between ECT and LEET? Through LEET how can I get admission in B.Tech 2nd year after completing diploma in Mechanical Engineering? Whether LEET is state level entrance exam?
  7. How can I take admission in 2nd year after passing diploma in mechanical engineering
  8. Can I get admission in 2nd year Mechanical Diploma being Civil Engineering Diploma holder? -- [New]
  9. How to join B.Tech 2nd year mechanical engineering in AP after completion of mechanical engineering?
  10. Can I take admission in 2nd year in mechanical engineering after passing diploma in mechanical from Bihar Polytechnic?
  11. Can I go for 2nd year of IIT JEE college after passing my diploma in Mechanical engineering?
  12. How to take admission in 2nd year mechanical engineering after passing 12th PCM and ITI?
  13. Last 6 years papers of Diploma in Mechanical 1st and 2nd semester?
  14. Which are the programmes for mechanical engineering in HAL? Is there any vacancy for 2nd year students?
  15. Last 6 year papers of Diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  16. Can I study B.Tech(Aeronautical Engineering) after completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  17. Can I get admission in IIT after completing my Diploma Mechanical Engineering in A.Y.Dadabhai college?
  18. Which are the courses favourable after diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
20th March 2011, 08:25 PM
jits
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Can I get in B.Tech 2nd year Mechanical after doing diploma in Mechanical Engineering?

Yes of course if you go through Engineering common entrance test of your respective State then you can get selected in colleges under the University.If you score well and get a seat in University then its not possible to join directly in the second year of the Engineering course.

If you go through exams like IIT JEE,AIEEE then you will be placed in the first year and will be treated as a normal candidate.

Hence you can join directly in the second year for colleges under University only through the CET examination conducted for diploma students under lateral entry.Its up to you to decide,i think it will be better that you score well in CET and study in University right from the first year rather than studying in College which is under the University level from second year.
20th March 2011, 08:55 PM
ashok880
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Can I get in B.Tech 2nd year Mechanical after doing diploma in Mechanical Engineering?

Yes you can get admission in the B-tech colleges directly in the 2nd year.

But there is certain procedure to get admission in the B-tech colleges.

Procedure to get admission in the B-tech college's:

• you get admission directly by paying extra amount to college for the seat i.e management quota
  • you get seat by giving entrance exam.
Name for the Entrance exam will be differs from the state to state,but syllabus and procedure is same.

for example:

In Andhra Pradesh entrance exam name is ECET FDH.
In orissa entrance exam name is DET.

And last date to apply for ECET exam is 27th april 2011,and exam is held on may 20th 2011 at 10am.
20th March 2011, 09:13 PM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

Yes you can take admission for B.E with the branch of your interest...actually the course of B.E/B.Tech is generally of four year but if some one want to take admission in B.E/B.Tech after his diploma in engineering then he will be directly admitted in second year (or 3rd semester).

For geetting admitted in B.E/B.Tech there is different criteria for different state after diploma course. but most of the colleges give option to select the branch of his choice..

For IIT , it doesn't have any LATERAL entry facility but AIEEE colleges has...LATERAL ENTRY FACILITY..
20th March 2011, 09:33 PM
sumitkumarsharma
Senior Member+

Wink Re: Can I get in B.Tech 2nd year Mechanical after doing diploma in Mechanical Engineering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aman Zaidi View Post
sir,
I'm doing diploma in mechanical engineering(final sem.)from punjab. Now, i'm looking for admissions in B.tech mechanical engg. Can, I get admission in B.tech second year after diploma?????
Dear friend yes you can take admission in 2nd yr. B.TECH.................

Because there is CET exam is conducted for takeadmission in IIT,NIT AND other state good colleges..............

then you can take surely admission in B.TECH 2nd yr lateral entry.............

but you must clear that CET exam then you can take admission in any college...........
20th March 2011, 11:14 PM
Abhinav1990

Quote:
sir,
yes undoubtbly u can have admission in any engg college
21st March 2011, 12:10 AM
ricks2cool
Senior Member+

Yes you can get admission in second year of B.Tech Mechanical Engineering after completing your Diploma.
Almost all the colleges provide the facility of lateral entry in there college for diploma holders.
Although the rules for entry is different in different states , universities & colleges.
So you will be required to enquiry about it in the specific colleges in which you are interested in taking admission.
Also I would like to suggest you that try to score good marks in final semester of diploma so that you can have a better chance of getting seat in one of the good colleges.
21st March 2011, 12:35 AM
soumyasmruti

Location: Flat No:- 205, Omm Ville, Shree vihar, BHUBANESWAR, Orissa, India

Most of the Universities in India except IIT's have a LATERAL ENTRY scheme which is exclusively for Diploma holders.
SOme good universities are ANNA,OSMANIA,PUNI,DU,BPUT,VISSESWARYA.
After doing you Diploma choose a very good college and do your BTECH its quiet easy to get entry through lateral entry.
ALL THE BEST
21st March 2011, 01:49 AM
mukul0094
Banned

Quote:
sir,

After completing diploma you can get admission in B.Tech 2nd year.
You can take admission in 2nd year by lateral entry exam conducted
by college/university for the admission in B.Tech program.
If you doing diploma with branch mechanical then you can take
admission in the 2nd year in B.Tech with mechanical branch.
21st March 2011, 07:40 AM
bhavna04
Senior Member+

Hii friend,

yes, you are eligible for this but not for IIT's AND NIIT's colleges.

If you want to take this advantage then you should have to try in the state colleges like LET and CET.
21st March 2011, 08:02 AM
omprakash sharma

HI,

yes, you can take addmission in B.tech 2nd year mechanical after doing diploma in Mechanical Engineering.

Hence you can join directly in the second year for colleges under University only through the CET examination conducted for diploma students under lateral entry.Its up to you to decide,i think it will be better that you score well in CET and study in University right from the first year rather than studying in College which is under the University level from second year.
21st March 2011, 09:16 AM
rohitkumarramesh
Senior Member++++

Smile Re: Can I get in B.Tech 2nd year Mechanical after doing diploma in Mechanical Engineering?

Quote:
sir,
B.tech After Diploma
Yes you are eligible to apply for the B.Tech courses
after your diploma courses.

Since you are from mechanical branch so you can apply
for the Mechanical degree course after the completion
of your diploma course in mechanical.

The diploma holder can apply for the degree courses through lateral entry scheme for diploma holders.

So you will directly get admission in the second year when you
apply for the degree course after the completion of your diploma.
21st March 2011, 11:23 AM
ndkptbc

Thumbs up Re: Can I get in B.Tech 2nd year Mechanical after doing diploma in Mechanical Engineering?

yes, if you want admission in 2nd year you can go for the entrance exams and can get admisson. And in Rajasthan Technical University (RTU) you can get admission on your aggregate percentage in diploma by filling the forum of "LEEP".

for admission in Delhi region you need 1 year technical experience and have to fight the entrance exam.

if there is any vacant seat in any private college of RTU you can get direct admission.but for admission in govt. colleges you have to go for LEEP forum by which you get admission on your merit base.
21st March 2011, 12:53 PM
yogs.singh

Yes you can apply for the b.tech after doing the diploma

you will get admisssion in 2nd year only in state level colleges.

But if you want to take admission in iit or nit there you will not get admission in 2nd year ,there you will get in 1st year.
21st March 2011, 02:43 PM
2cuteforuh21
Junior Member+

Yes of course if you go through Engineering common entrance test of your respective State then you can get selected in colleges under the University.If you score well and get a seat in University then its not possible to join directly in the second year of the Engineering course.
21st March 2011, 09:50 PM
asishkumar

hi....
Lateral Entry Scheme is intended to admit Diploma holders to the Second Year/Third Semester B.Tech course to acquire a Degree in Engineering.
AICTE has also suggested to conduct of remedial courses for Diploma holders admitted to Degree programmes through Lateral Entry for making up their deficiencies. These students will have to successfully complete such remedial courses within the stipulated time. The admission will be subject to the regulations of the Universities concerned.

Eligibility for Admission

Candidates shall have passed Diploma in Engineering awarded by the State Board of Technical Education or equivalent and must have a minimum of 60% marks for the Diploma. The relaxation of 5% marks
will be allowed to SEBC candidates. For candidates belonging to SC/ST community a pass in the qualifying examination will be sufficient.

Those who are appearing for the final year Diploma will be eligible to apply subject to the condition that they will produce the mark list at the time of conselling.

Maximum age as on the last date of submission of application will be 28 years.
23rd March 2011, 12:43 PM
Unregistered

Can we take a direct admission in b-tech after diploma or we have to show the 1 year job experisioned for take a admission in b-tech.
14th April 2011, 03:27 PM
Unregistered

Cool Re: Can I get in B.Tech 2nd year Mechanical after doing diploma in Mechanical Engineering?

Quote:
sir,
ya you can get but not on all the collages
15th April 2011, 05:15 PM
sureshcbe
Member+

Yes you can get seat directly to the second year.

This procedure is called Lateral entry.
Some universities and colleges allow these kind of admission.
16th April 2011, 02:05 PM
TEAM EDUCATION FOUNDATION

Default Engineering admission after diploma

We are giving admissions for engineering ,students who completed diploma also can apply for lateral entry in all type of engineering courses
contact dr arun manohar
free educational service
6th June 2011, 05:30 PM
Unregistered

sir i have complete in diploma e.c addimission b.tech 2nd. year
16th June 2011, 05:33 PM
Unregistered

I am a student of diploma in mechanical engg. and i want to do b tech. after diploma completed from nits in india(any institutes)
Dwarika verma
18th July 2011, 08:42 PM
Unregistered

i am studying polytechnic 2 year in mechanical branch i want to do engineering in one of india's best colleges or universities and do i have any chance to enter in to nit colleges please send me answers.......skeluru@ gmail.com
29th November 2011, 04:46 PM
pabitra_nayak
Senior Member+

Dear Friends,

Lateral Entry Scheme is intended to admit Diploma holders to the Second Year/Third Semester B.Tech course to acquire a Degree in Engineering.
AICTE has also suggested to conduct of remedial courses for Diploma holders admitted to Degree programmes through Lateral Entry for making up their deficiencies. These students will have to successfully complete such remedial courses within the stipulated time. The admission will be subject to the regulations of the Universities concerned.

Eligibility for Admission

Candidates shall have passed Diploma in Engineering awarded by the State Board of Technical Education or equivalent and must have a minimum of 60% marks for the Diploma. The relaxation of 5% marks
will be allowed to SEBC candidates. For candidates belonging to SC/ST community a pass in the qualifying examination will be sufficient.

Those who are appearing for the final year Diploma will be eligible to apply subject to the condition that they will produce the mark list at the time of conselling.
Maximum age as on the last date of submission of application will be 28 years.

Best Of Luck
2nd December 2011, 11:10 PM
Unregistered

what are the courses can I do after completing my diploma in mechanical engineering?
13th January 2012, 08:35 PM
Unregistered

Kya me punjab agriculture uni.second year me admission le shakta hu mene agri. me sirsa(hry.) se diploma kar rkha h plz. give me guidens
22nd January 2012, 06:59 PM
Unregistered

dear sir, I am student of 12th science stream. i wanted to go for B tech. engineering but in my village there is lack of guidence .i want to know which document required for B TECH admission. specially for IIT AND NIIT. I am st category student and i have filled the application form for IIT ,VITEEE and AIEEE
2nd July 2012, 04:02 PM
Unregistered

can i get in b.tech 2nd year mechanical by having one back log?
23rd October 2012, 12:46 AM
abcpune

Why not ??? You can appear different Entrance Exams and get admission to a good college for B.E. But in my opinion, if you are getting job oppertunities, you shoud go for job, then u can do distance learning.
23rd October 2012, 12:51 AM
abcpune

Why not ?? Now you are doing Diploma in Mechanical, THen u can get admission In B.E Mechanical in a good college in Lateral entry(2nd yr). But in my opinion, if you are getting a good job oppertunity, you should do job and then you can do BE in distance learning programmes.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?