mohit sehgal

What should I do between PGDM and MBA?

Please reply

thanks

22nd March 2011, 01:29 AM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I do between PGDM and MBA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohit sehgal View Post

Please reply

thanks

PGDM Is The Diploma Course, While MBA Is The Graduate Course.

PGDM Stands For Post Graduate Diploma In Management.

So, I Will Suggest You Just Do MBA Course, Because MBA Is Master Degree Course And After Completing This Course You Can Do P.hd In Future.

And After Completing MBA, You Will Get Good Salary Pacakage In Top MNC Companies, So MBA Is Best For You.

So, Please Work Hard, If You really Interested To Do MBA Course In Future.

After Clear The CAT/MAT Examination, You Will Get Admission In TOP MBA Colleges.

So, MBA Degree Is More Popular Than PGDM, Because The diploma Courses Are No value In These Days, So Its Better If you Can Do MBA Course, So That You Will Do Phd Course In Future.

So, If You Do PGDM Course Then, You Cant Do Phd Courses In Future.

So, Its Better If You Can Do MBA Course, If You Really Want To Get Good Jobs With High Salary Pacakage In Future.

So, Please Think, Choose Course According To Your Interest.
22nd March 2011, 07:30 AM
asishkumar

Smile Re: What should I do between PGDM and MBA?

Quote:

Please reply

thanks
hiii

there is really a difference between PGDBM and MBA.

1. MBA is a degree course, while
PGDBM is a diploma course.

2. MBA degree is provided by only those institutes that are affiliated to any university.

Eg . JBIMS and FMS, PUMBA. These B-schools are university depts of their respective university.

they follow an academic curriculum as prescribed by the university.

hence these B-Schools give MBA and MMS degrees.

(Note: MMS degrees are the same as MBA degree, the only thing is that Mumbai University gives MMS degrees instead of an MBA.)

3. PGDBM courses are offered by private B-Schools that are not affiliated to any University.

eg. IIM's, XLRI, IIFT, SP Jain.

these institutes prepare their own syllabus, and they are no way dependent on the universities and enjoy full autonomy of their courses.

so B-schools like NMIMS, SP Jain used to provide MMS degrees while they were affiliated to Mumbai University, but now since they have become autonomous , they no longer provide MMS degrees and give PGDBM.

and as far as the reputation of theses courses are concerned, it all depends on the name of the B-School.

So it's better to do MBA.
22nd March 2011, 10:02 AM
soumyasmruti

Location: Flat No:- 205, Omm Ville, Shree vihar, BHUBANESWAR, Orissa, India

There is a difference between PGDBM and MBA.

1. MBA is a degree course, while
PGDBM is a diploma course.

2. MBA degree is provided by only those institutes that are affiliated to any university.

Eg . JBIMS and FMS, PUMBA. These B-schools are university depts of their respective university.

They follow an academic curriculum as prescribed by the university.

hence these B-Schools give MBA and MMS degrees.

(Note: MMS degrees are the same as MBA degree, the only thing is that Mumbai University gives MMS degrees instead of an MBA.)

3. PGDBM courses are offered by private B-Schools that are not affiliated to any University.

eg. IIM's, XLRI, IIFT, SP Jain.

These institutes prepare their own syllabus, and they are no way dependent on the universities and enjoy full autonomy of their courses.

So B-schools like NMIMS, SP Jain used to provide MMS degrees while they were affiliated to Mumbai University, but now since they have become autonomous , they no longer provide MMS degrees and give PGDBM.

And as far as the reputation of theses courses are concerned, it all depends on the name of the B-School

For any further queries pls feel free to mail me.
18th April 2011, 10:03 PM
Unregistered

which collge provides mba degree in mumbai !
21st April 2011, 12:17 PM
suraj2157

Quote:

Please reply

thanks
both are same courses
means you can get certificate of PGDM only in IIM also.
so, both are same in placement.
all the best
26th June 2011, 09:07 PM
Unregistered

If pgdm are diploma courses then why such institutions are aicet approvd wat does it means indian institues r cheating with us or wat?can we do phd aftr pgdm plz do reply.
29th June 2011, 08:35 PM
Unregistered

Which colleges or university offer mba degree ? plz do reply
30th June 2011, 12:52 PM
raja badam

My suggestion MBA is good ,you will get a good job in MNCs also.
2nd July 2011, 09:32 PM
Unregistered

i took pgdm over mba so telll after comleting ma pgdm .em eligible or competent
to get the job of manager in any reputed company???
26th August 2011, 08:05 AM
Unregistered

After finishing MBA doing PGDM is best or not..
20th September 2011, 12:39 PM
Unregistered

for distance MBA which is the best college in Mumbai?
13th January 2012, 06:40 PM
Unregistered

Just to clarify one thing: PGDM holders are eligible to apply for PhD programmes. Actually, many top universities (including Harvard, Wharton, IIMs, etc.) require only a bachelor's degree to be eligible for doctoral programmes. PGDM from top institutes are considered as valid business coursework. There are many people with PGDM from top Indian B-schools who have gone on to do doctoral programmes in top Indian & foreign B-schools. For example: Krishna G Palepu, who is currently a top professor at Harvard is an alumnus of IIM Calcutta (PGDM) and Harvard Business School (PhD).
31st January 2012, 09:27 PM
vinay21feb
Senior Member+++

hi friend
after reading your story as per my knowledge you should take these subjects for your mba course as you are good at analysis,assessment and planning so you should take MBA in Technology management or MBA in Global management and also you also have cheerful,outgoing personality who loves challenges so you may take MBA in Human resources or MBA in Executive
8th February 2012, 11:58 PM
unagi

>> MBA Stands for Master in Business Administration and To get admission in this course you need to complete your Graduation degree course in any discipline form a recognised university, The admission in this course are based on the entrance examination Like CAT/MAT.

>> If your aim is to get admission in Top Business schools then You need to cracked the CAT Examination. CAT Stands for Common Admission Test, But to apply for this examination you need to scored minimum 50% marks in your Graduation, Final year Graduate candidates are also eligible to apply for CAT Examination.

>> So, please apply for the CAT Entrance examination when you are Pursuing your Final year Degree course, The examination was Held every year in the month of November/December, eligible candidates may fill the CAT Application form Online, the examination fees of CAT was Rs 1600. The CAT Examination score card are valid only for 1 Year, If you have scored good Percentile in CAT Examination, the definitely you will get admission in Top Business schools like IIM's.

good luck
28th February 2012, 11:14 PM
Unregistered

Is it better to take MBA only or MBA PGDM ?
And is it good to take MBA frm Bangalore in Acharya Under Bharathiar University ..
30th March 2012, 06:01 PM
kaveribiswas

So, I Will Suggest You Just Do MBA Course, Because MBA Is Master Degree Course And After Completing This Course You Can Do P.hd In Future.

And After Completing MBA, You Will Get Good Salary Pacakage In Top MNC Companies, So MBA Is Best For You.

After Clear The CAT/MAT Examination, You Will Get Admission In TOP MBA Colleges.

So, MBA Degree Is More Popular Than PGDM, Because The diploma Courses Are No value In These Days, So Its Better If you Can Do MBA Course, So That You Will Do Phd Course In Future.

30th March 2012, 06:03 PM
kaveribiswas

2nd April 2013, 11:29 AM
saurav011
Junior Member+

Thumbs up Re: What should I do between PGDM and MBA?

Quote:

Please reply

thanks
Hello Mohit, as you are confused about your course selection b/w PGDBM and MBA. I would like to tell that both courses have their own importance, both course is all about business administration. But as MBA is a little bit costly course as compare to PGDBM, at the other hand PGDBM is not too much costly. if you have to expense a little fix amount on study then PGDBM is best opportunity for you. There is a leading educational group GDGWI offers PGDBM Institute in NCR Gurgaon
, you may contact him if you are interested.

Thanks and Good Luck:-)
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?