19th February 2013, 11:37 PM
Unregistered

How many attempts are allowed for CPT entrance exam?

Dear sir,
Plz tell me when i registration in june 2012 then how many attempt i have.

8th June 2015, 09:42 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How many attempts are allowed for CPT entrance exam?

CPT stands for Common Proficiency Test .CPT is the entrance exam for admission in the CA course .CPT exam is conducted twice a year in the months of June and December.CPT exam is usually conducted on the first Sunday in the months of June and December.

C.A. course is offered by Institute of Cost Accountants of India (ICAI) .

The candidate must have cleared Senior secondary Exam(10+2) to become eligible for the CPT exam.10+2 result awaiting student can also apply for the CPT exam.

There is no restriction on the no. of attempts for the CPT exam .
12th February 2019, 08:37 PM
Unregistered

How sir I am registered in ca cpt course Dec 2016 sir I want know that I am eligible for June 2019 ???
15th February 2019, 04:08 PM
Umapattapu
Junior Member+

*If you are registered before 30 June 2017, then you have 3 more attempts for CA CPT Exam. These three attempts June 2018, December 2018, and June 2019 are left for students who are registered for CA CPT exam.

Now you have only three attempts because ICAI thinks CA course is easy to enter with the help of CPT exam but it is difficult to clear IPCC exam and CA Final. ICAI executes the new plan of CA course i.e, CA foundation for the replacement of CPT exam. once you clear CA foundation exam, then you are eligible for CA intermediate exam and after this you can fight for CA final exams.

If you are not clearing the exam of CA CPT in these three attempts then you have to mandatory registered for CA Foundation course.
15th February 2019, 05:29 PM
praveenyoutuber

No limit of the attempt.It is as per your wish when you want to leave CA. One can give as many attempts he/she wants to give,but the only obstacle is one have to Re-register after 3 attempts.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?