24th July 2013, 12:50 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for power grid, NTPC, BHEL after scoring 64.89%

My overall degree percentage is 64.89% from electrical engineering then I eligible for power grid,ntpc,bhel
Those having 65% criteria then I able to give exam? Please tell my percentage is considered as 65%

3rd December 2014, 08:42 AM
surendergora
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for power grid, NTPC, BHEL after scoring 64.89%

Yes, you are eligible for most of the PSUs. There is a requirement of 60% or 65% in all PSU .
Eligibility criteria for PSU :
Powergrid 65
NTPC 65
BHEL 65
But there some PSU like DRDO , GAIL , BPCL for which requirement is 60% . So, you can apply in those companies.
Now a days , all PSU recruit through GATE score. So, you will have to apply for GATE next year and also apply separately for each of these PSU. Although GATE score is valid for three years but in the case of PSUs, you have to appear in the same year .

GATE application form starts in September. It a online and objective type test now. PSU shortlist candidates through GATE ranking , who are then called for interview and GD. GATE score has 85% weightage and rest 15% for interview and GD. You have to clear cut off score for interview , then only you will be considered for selection.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?