1st March 2014, 12:41 PM
Unregistered

If I want to study in US in order to be an accredited physical therapist from which stage should I start

Dear sir,
I have bachelor degree in exercise physiology(GPA : A), and I want to be a physical therapist. Since I studied in Iran, I do not have any clinical experience, I have some basic knowledge in terms of human anatomy, human physiology, exercise physiology and biology, though. I have ACADEMIC IELTS 6.5, while I don't have GRE and TOEFL. If I want to study in us in order to be an accredited physical therapist, From which stage should I start. Please, guide me.

With kind regards,
saeed jafary

14th December 2017, 01:12 PM
HKBEHURA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: If I want to study in US in order to be an accredited physical therapist from which stage should I start

As you said you have bachelor degree in physiology and you want to become a physical therapist, so in order to study in United States and become a physical therapist first you need to meet the minimum eligibility criteria i.e.

> You need to complete the Graduate Record Examination (GRE).
> You must have paid Physical Therapist experience working with patients under the supervision of a licensed physical therapist. This experience may be an important factor in the admissions process.
> You may need to submit references from a particular individual, such as a physical therapist, science professor etc.
> You need to appear for TOEFL examination.

For application form and more details about the course you should visit to the official website of Physical Therapist Centralized Application Service(PTCAS) i.e. http://www.ptcas.org/
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?