23rd April 2014, 10:52 PM
Unregistered

PhD in Genetics or Medical either in India or Abroad?

I am studding in M.Sc. microbiology. Can I do PhD in genetics or medical either in India or abroad?

Related Questions:
27th April 2014, 10:25 PM
ExpertAnswers
Senior Member+++

Default Re: PhD in Genetics or Medical either in India or Abroad?

From your question it seems you are interested in medical stream. But I am sorry to say that for doing Phd degree in medical in India you should be either a medical (allopathic or homeopathic ) graduate or a veterinary science graduate at least.

Then after completing your graduation in Medical science you should go for Post graduate degree in the field of your choice and completing that Masters degree in medical or veterinary field will make you eligible for Phd degree in medical field. While for PHD in genetics if you are a plain science graduate with honours in microbiology or biotechnology or genetic engineering etc then you are eligible for PHD in genetics be it in India or abroad. you can easily have this as your first preference.

One more thing is you can also contact foreign universities which are granted for giving degrees postgraduate and PHDs. some of the universities just ask you to write an article of some limited number of words on the research work done in the field of microbiology and allow you to pursue PHDs in their universities. You will have to check with them regarding this. Not all universities of Medical allow you to do this. Very selected ones are there.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?