5th November 2014, 07:32 PM
Unregistered

Whether Volunteer job after MBA would be considered as work experience?

I have query regarding my MBA exam form (INDIA)

I am 2013 passout with 8.9 cgpa. I have very good curricular and extra curricular activities.

I have worked in a MNC for nearly 7-8 months. After which I left my job for some serious personal commitments to fulfill.

I started working as volunteer for a NGO. Will the volunteering job will be considered as work experience ?
As I need to fill the column of work experience in all the MBA exam form (CAT, IIFT NMATetc.)

[The NGO chairperson has promised me that they will issue a certificate regarding my volunteer. However the volunteer word wont appear]

6th January 2017, 07:16 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Whether Volunteer job after MBA would be considered as work experience?

If NGO has provided you with any kind of experience certificate, then surely it will considered. If they don't have any such facility, then you can just list that in your resume and they will verify it, if needed.

Hence, no need to worry about anything. Just mentioned what you have done in that period. Even if you don't have certificate, they will find out whether you are telling truth or not.
8th January 2017, 06:50 PM
mihir13589

Default Re: Whether Volunteer job after MBA would be considered as work experience?

Getting a certificate from the NGO where you have volunteer will act as a plus point, because companies this days look for a candidate who just aren't good with subject knowledge but they look for multi talented people, and having a experience from an NGO will surely help you out.
I recommend do mention detail of how and what all you work out at NGO.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?