31st March 2015, 09:33 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to give B.Ed entrance exam with 43% marks in Graduation?

I have given my post graduation exams this year by IGNOU. I was not clear in one of my exams that is MEG 5 . My % according to rest of the subjects is 54%.The exam will be held in the month of june, so i will get my result probably in the month of August. Iam having only 43% in my graduation.I want to do B.ed . Can i am eligible for B.ed entrance exam.Please guide me.

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to give B.Ed entrance exam with 43% marks in Graduation? -- [New]
  2. List of colleges in which i am eligible for MCA entrance exam? I have 55% marks in 12th, Now i m doing graduation through distance learning program
  3. Am I eligible for Bank Probationary after scoring 47% marks in Graduation and 62% marks in PG?
  4. Information regarding admission for MBA course?
  5. What is best, B.Ed after B.Com or M.Com then B.Ed?
  6. Can I do MBA from HR after completing B.A?
  7. If I give +2 again with mathematics from open school after graduation, will I be eligible to use that H.S. marks?
  8. Minimum qualification required for MBA course? Job opportunities after completion of MBA course? -- [Most Discussed]
  9. Am I eligible to get admission for post graduation course in good Universities with 56% marks in Graduation?
  10. Am I eligible to get admission for post graduation course in good Universities with 56% marks in Graduation?
  11. How to do MCA after doing B.Com computer application?
  12. How to get admission in MCA?
  13. Can I be eligible to give CET? I have scored 47% marks in graduation
  14. Can I do full time MBA course after completion of Diploma in EEE?
  15. Am i eligible to appear for LLB entrance exam in DU after completing graduation with 46.6% marks
  16. Am I eligible for CAT and other MBA entrance exam after scoring 50% marks in second attempt in graduation?
  17. Am I eligible to take CDS exam after completion of Graduation?
  18. Am I eligible to give Bank PO Exam after scoring 58% in 12th Class and 80.16% in Graduation? Can a candidate who scored 45% in 12th and 53% in Graduation be eligible to give this Exam?
31st March 2015, 01:12 PM
Dharm27
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to give B.Ed entrance exam with 43% marks in Graduation?

No, you are not eligible to sit for B.Ed exam.

B.Ed stands for the Bachelor of Education. Candidates who have obtained their bachelor degree or graduation in any discipline or its equivalent degree form the recognized university are eligible to sit for this exam.

They should have secured at least 50% aggregate marks in their bachelor degree. For SC/ST category candidates, they should have scored at least 45% aggregate marks in their graduation.

Course Duration: One year

Exam Syllabus: B.Ed exam consist questions from General Awareness, Aptitude for Teaching, English Comprehension, Mental Ability and Reasoning.

As you have mentioned that you have secured only 43% aggregate marks in your bachelor degree as well as, you have not qualified in one of the subject of your graduation then, you are not eligible to sit for this exam.
31st March 2015, 10:30 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to give B.Ed entrance exam with 43% marks in Graduation?

B.Ed stands for Bachelor of Education. Candidates interested in becoming government teacher give this entrance exam.

Eligibility criteria:

Candidates need to have minimum of bachelor's degree in any stream from a recognized university.

The minimum percentage of marks required in bachelor's degree is 50% for general candidates and 45% for SC/ST candidates.

As you have only 43% marks in graduation, you are not eligible to appear for this exam.
1st April 2015, 10:48 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Bachelor of Education requires:

Candidates having bachelor's degree in any discipline.

Minimum percentage of marks in bachelor's degree should be 50 %.

So, with 43 % marks, you are not eligible for the B.Ed entrance exam.
6th April 2015, 10:07 PM
kunalroy89

For almost all the Universities across India,a candidate opting for B.Ed must have graduation degree with above 50% marks for general candidates and 5% relaxation for reservation category candidate.

Your marks being lower than that,it would be nearly impossible for you to get into B.Ed from any govt university and mostly all private universities.
7th April 2015, 02:10 AM
poojasingh151

B.Ed means Bachelor of Education. The eligibility criteria for this course is as below:

~~ Bachelor's degree in any discipline from a university that is recognized by University Grants Commission.

~~ The minimum percentage of marks in bachelor's degree should be 50 %.

~~ There is no upper age limit for this course.

As you have secured 43 % marks in bachelor's degree, you cannot apply for the B.Ed entrance exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?