4th April 2015, 03:57 AM
Unregistered

In which country I should pursue MS among Canada and US if scored 295 marks in GRE, 81 marks in TOEFL and secured 75% in B.Tech?

Hi, my GRE score is 295 (Verbal-141, Quants-151, Analytical-3).
TOEFL score is 81 (Read-20, Listening-21, Speaking-20, Write-20).
My academics is B.Tech with 75%(no backlogs or history)
Then I have presented papers and published a paper in an International Journal. I have confusion that for which country I can apply US or Canada for doing MS?

Related Questions:
  1. Universities in Canada offering M.S. with scholarship for a candidate who have scored 1300 marks in GRE and 105 marks in TOEFL but 55% till 7th semester of B.E.(CSE)?
  2. In which entrance exam I have to appear for studying M.Tech in USA?
  3. Minimum requirement for admission in USA for MS in management course? How much marks should I get in GRE and TOEFL?
  4. Can I get scholarship to study MS in USA if secured 51% in B.Tech, 85 marks in TOEFL and less than 100 marks in GRE?
  5. Eligibility criteria of TOEFL and GRE exams?
  6. Procedure to study MS in Abroad with scholarship for B.Tech student?
  7. Procedure of applying for MS in United States? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. Minimum marks required in GRE and TOEFL exam?
  9. Can I get admission to study MS program in Massachusetts Institute of Technology if scored 57 marks in TOEFL and 34 marks in GRE?
  10. Am I eligible to pursue MS in CS from top universities of USA having secured 74% in 10th, 63% in 12th and an average of 8.5 in B.Tech? Required Marks in GRE and TOEFL Exams for this?
  11. Is it necessary to appear in both GRE and TOEFL to study MS in US? List of universities which offer admission through TOEFL and GRE?
  12. Can I get admission to study MS in Germany if scored 304 marks in GRE, 102 marks in TOEFL and secured 5.2 CGPA in B.Tech being a A1 Certified in German Language? -- [New]
  13. MBA or Master's degree in Pharmacy, which has wide scope if study in USA? List of entrance exam for admission?
  14. What is mean by GRE and TOEFL? Number of attempts and selection process for M.S. in USA? How can I get scholarship through GRE and TOEFL?
  15. In which MS/MBA universities can I get after scoring 108 marks in TOEFL and 700 in GRE?
  16. How to get into top institutes abroad?
  17. Procedure to study MS in Abroad for B.E.(ECE) final year student?
  18. Entrance exams for doing MS from foreign universities? Percentage required to get admission in better universities?
9th April 2015, 05:16 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: In which country I should pursue MS among Canada and US if scored 295 marks in GRE, 81 marks in TOEFL and secured 75% in B.Tech?

I suggest you to choose USA, because in USA, there are many universities, which are offering good quality of education and even the students who have completed their courses in American universities can find many job opportunities. But, when we compare the cost of education, you can pursue MS in Canada universities with very low fee, when compared with American universities. So, you have to weigh between various factors like cost of education, Job Prospects and quality of education. By considering all these factors, you have to make a final decision.
9th April 2015, 05:41 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: In which country I should pursue MS among Canada and US if scored 295 marks in GRE, 81 marks in TOEFL and secured 75% in B.Tech?

You have decent GRE and TOEFL score as well as good academic background. Apart from these, you also have presented and published papers in International Journal which will definitely be a plus point during the selection for the admission of overseas students in universities of USA and Canada. You can get good universities to pursue MS degree with the profile which you possess. So there is no need to worry, go for the country in which you like to study. You should take the decision after analyzing the below mentioned points.

- You should always go for the better ranked university. So choose from the options and decide accordingly rather than going by the country.
- Take into account the financial expense of studying in the concerned university in both the countries and decide accordingly.

Note :- There is more scope in USA than in Canada. However, if you get admission call from a better ranked Canadian University than US University, you should give preference to the Canadian University. If you want to choose the country to apply for its universities, then you should give more preference to the US universities but keep the top universities of Canada also as option.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?