28th December 2014, 07:44 PM
Unregistered

In which entrance exam I have to appear for studying M.Tech in USA?

sir/mam
i want study in usa for m.tech
so plz tell me whichone
entrance exam better for me...
plz help me to know immediately

Related Questions:
29th December 2014, 06:36 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: In which entrance exam I have to appear for studying M.Tech in USA?

If you are interested to pursue M.Tech course in USA, then, you need to appear in GRE and TOEFL examination. GRE score is the basic requirement that one need to have while applying for admission in US universities. TOEFL is a standardised test which helps you to prove your English Language Proficiency in Listening, Speaking, Reading and Writing sections. By scoring good marks in GRE and TOEFL exams, you can get admission in M.Tech course in US universities. So, to pursue M.Tech course in USA, you need to appear in GRE and TOEFL examinations.
29th December 2014, 09:49 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

To study M.Tech or MS in USA, first you have to complete two exams called GRE and IELTS.
After completing these exams, you should apply to universities by sending your Application form along with your test scores. Then the universities will send you an admission letter, if your academic profile satisfies university admission criteria.

GRE :-
GRE exam is used to assess the ability of a candidate in both Quantitative and Verbal Reasoning.It is conducted for 340 marks.
Exam Pattern:-
The GRE exam is conducted in three sections
Section I:-
1) Verbal Reasoning
i) Reading Comprehension
ii) Text Completion
iii) Sentence Equivalence

Section II:-
1) Quantitative Reasoning

Section III:-
1) Analytical Writing Assessment
i) Issue-Task essay
ii )Argument-Task essays

IELTS :-
This is an exam to test the ability of a person in Reading, Listening, Writing, Speaking sections of English. Each section will hold forty marks.
Exam Pattern:-
This exam consists of following sections
1)Listening - 30 minutes(4 sections, 40 items)
2)Reading - 60 minutes (3 sections, 40 items)
3)Writing - 60 minutes(2 tasks)
4)Speaking - 11-14 minutes
IELTS exam score will be calculated in 10 bands.
30th December 2014, 03:59 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

It is nice to see that you are aspiring for post graduation (M.Tech) in USA. You need to appear for the below mentioned exams :-

- GRE
For details of GRE, Click here.
- TOEFL
For details of TOEFL, click here.
Apart from the scores in the above exams, the resume of the student and the statement of purpose given by the students also play an important role in the selection of admission of students.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?