17th March 2015, 03:12 AM
Unregistered

Is it necessary to appear in both GRE and TOEFL to study MS in US? List of universities which offer admission through TOEFL and GRE?

Hello,
I am studying B.Tech(CSE).
Kindly tell me which universities in USA consider TOEFL marks & which universities consider GRE marks? What is minimum score to qualify in those exams? Is it necessary to write both exams to do MS in US?

Related Questions:
  1. Is it necessary to appear in both GRE and TOEFL to study MS in US? List of universities which offer admission through TOEFL and GRE? -- [New]
  2. What shall I do to MS from abroad in CS stream?
  3. Is there any way to apply for Ph.D in US without doing GRE/TOEFL?
  4. Detailed information about scholarship provided by universities in Abroad for MS? Preparation tips for GRE and TOEFL?
  5. Procedure to study M.S. in abroad? Is GRE and TOEFL necessary?
  6. Percentage required in GRE and TOEFL to study MS in Economics in USA for B.Com student? Necessity of GRE and TOEFL?
  7. Whether GRE and TOEFL are enough to study MBA in abroad? Procedure to apply, preparation tips and last date to apply for GRE and TOEFL?
  8. Studying MS in Abroad for B.Tech(IT) candidate?
  9. Chances of going abroad after clearing GRE -- [Most Discussed]
  10. Is it necessary to take GRE and TOEFL exam to study Ph.D in foreign countries?
  11. MBA or Master's degree in Pharmacy, which has wide scope if study in USA? List of entrance exam for admission?
  12. Which all exams are necessary to do MS in USA?
  13. Where else can the GRE and TOEFL/IELTS score be useful other than for seeking admission in colleges Abroad?
  14. Whether it is possible to get admission without GRE or TOEFL?
  15. Is it a good choice for me of doing MS in Aerospace Engineering? Will there be any Entrance Exam to join this course?
  16. What is mean by GRE and TOEFL? Number of attempts and selection process for M.S. in USA? How can I get scholarship through GRE and TOEFL?
  17. Eligibility Criteria of GRE and TOEFL for admission in USA universities?
  18. Which exam I should write to do MS in abroad?
18th March 2015, 12:18 AM
bichapoda

Default Re: Is it necessary to appear in both GRE and TOEFL to study MS in US? List of universities which offer admission through TOEFL and GRE?

GRE and TOEFL are both the exams based on which you will get a Admit in US universities for your Higher education.

GRE stands for Graduate Record Examination.

TOEFL
stands for Test of English as a Foreign Language.

About GRE Exam :-
  • GRE Exam is to measure your ability and is also the Standard exam for admission in US Universites.
  • GRE exam maily consists of Verbal Reasoning,Quantitative Reasoning, Analytical Writing.

You can apply online for GRE Exam at the Official Site of GRE.( Official Site to Apply :- http://www.ets.org/gre )

About TOEFL :-
  • As your First Language is not English Universites will ask you to appear for Submit your TOEFL score so that they can know how far are you good at English.
  • Based on your score they will give you admit for there Universities.
  • If your score is Low in TOEFL then they may ask you to Take Extra English Subject with your Regular Subjects which will cost you more and waste your time.
  • So try to crack the TOEFL exam with Good Score.

When Compared to GRE and TOEFL most of the Universities will consider your GRE Score.

If your GRE Score is good then there are chances for you to get Scholarship.

Some of the Universities in USA also Give Admit based on your TOEFL score but it should be very Good Score.

It's not Mandatory to Write both the exam but to get Admit form top and best universities you need to have both the Scores.

So i personally suggest you to first concentrate on your B.Tech Subject and Clear them with good percentage and mean while start going for GRE/TOEFL coaching from your Final Year so that you can crack them easily and can start your Application process by the time you complete your B.Tech.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?