17th April 2015, 01:45 AM
Unregistered

Eligibility to study PhD in Management in Pune University for a candidate who has secured 52.7% in M.Sc?

Respected Team,
I have completed my M.Sc am secured 52.7%.
Am I eligible to do PhD in Pune University?
I belong to an Open category and want to do
PhD in Management. Please help me out.

Related Questions:
  1. When do I have to enroll for Ph.D from Pune University?
  2. Eligibility to study PhD in History for a candidate who has secured 60% in M.A. in History?
  3. Eligibility to study Ph.D program for a general candidate who has secured 48% in M.Com?
  4. Eligibility to pursue Ph.D in Physics after M.Sc from any good university in India if secured 54% in B.sc?
  5. How to do Ph.D in Pune or Mumbai University?
  6. Which is the best college in Pune among the following?
  7. Procedure to get admission in Manipal University to study PhD in Microbiology for a SC candidate who has secured 32.33 percentile in GATE? List of PhD colleges offering admission with this GATE scorecard?
  8. Eligibility for Ph.D after B.Sc (Computers) and M.Sc (IT)? M.Phil necessary? Does M.Tech help before Ph.D? -- [Most Discussed]
  9. Eligibility to study PhD in Forensic Science for M.Sc(Nursing) candidate? List of institutes in Maharashtra?
  10. Possibility to study PhD in Management in Abroad for MBA candidate?
  11. What is the CSIR net eligibility?
  12. Which colleges are offering Astrophysics BSc course in South India? How to apply there and what is the minimum qualification?
  13. Study material for MSc CS exam of Pune University?
  14. In which entrance exam I have to appear to study PhD in Calcutta University?
  15. List of top MCA colleges available in Pune? How may I get the rank list of all colleges available in Pune?
  16. Can I study PhD in USA with GRE scorecard after completing M.Sc(Biotechnology)?
  17. Phd in management and Job in Central University in Management?
  18. Procedure to get admission in PhD program if cleared Pre-PhD interview in Pune University?
24th April 2015, 02:30 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to study PhD in Management in Pune University for a candidate who has secured 52.7% in M.Sc?

According to UGC guidelines you must have at least 55% marks in your M.Sc degree for Ph.D admission if you belong to General category. Hence, your only chance of getting admission in Ph.D will be when you belong to reserved category. For reserved category there is relaxation of 5% marks.

Hence, you should look for other options because there is a percentage criteria and you at present can't apply. You other option will be to go for M.Phil degree in your field. After completion of M.Phil with 55% marks you will be eligible for Ph.D admission.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?