19th April 2015, 03:53 PM
Unregistered

Cutoff marks required in 12th CBSE to study B.Tech(ECE)?

Sir,
My son is appeared for 12th CBSE exams with Science this year. He want to study B.Tech(ECE) in future. So for admission Board exam percentage is also matters? If yes, then what cutoff marks is necessary? Kindly tell me.

Related Questions:
  1. Can I get admission in any good college if scored 106 marks in NATA and secured 76.6% in 12th CBSE? Cutoff marks required for NATA?
  2. Is CBSE Board preparation is enough to appear in NEET? Cutoff marks required in NEET to apply for Medical College of Tamil Nadu for CBSE student?
  3. How to study Biotechnology after passing 12th standard? What is the cutoff marks required?
  4. What are the career options after 12th standard? What is the cutoff?
  5. Minimum marks required in 12th to apply for Visa?
  6. Cutoff marks required in 12th ICSE to study Graduation in Madras Veterinary College? -- [New]
  7. How much percentage of marks are required in 12th in CBSE to appear for SSB?
  8. Marks required in 12th CBSE to study MBBS in abroad? Any related in 11th and 10th class for getting admission?
  9. Can I reappear in 12th CBSE Board exam after a gap of 2 years?
  10. Is it necessary to study 12th in AP to appear for EAMCET after 12th?
  11. How should I secure 95% marks in 12th CBSE exam?
  12. Cutoff marks required and fee expense to study MBBS in abroad?
  13. Is it possible to study in abroad after passing 12th in science from CBSE board?
  14. Is it possible to study in abroad after passing 12th in science from CBSE board?
  15. Can I study B.Sc in Chemistry if failed in Maths but qualified in 12th CBSE?
  16. How much marks are required in 12th to get admission in Anna University for B.Tech(IT) course? Cutoff marks required for MBC? -- [Most Discussed]
  17. How to get admission in Music after 12th from CBSE?
  18. Which board to choose among CBSE and Maharashtra State Board to study Higher Secondary Education with Science?
20th April 2015, 02:46 AM
chintu helper
Senior Member++

Thumbs up Re: Cutoff marks required in 12th CBSE to study B.Tech(ECE)?

No in Btech Degree Board marks doesn't matters , your son have to clear the JEE (Mains)- (Joint Entrance Exam) or JEE (advance ) exam or we can say that AIEEE Exam- All India Engineering Entrance exam

AIEEE exam will be held once in a year and organised by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) in India. This national level competitive test is for admission to various under-graduate engineering and architecture courses

Admission will be provided on Basis of Merit list so for good college your son have to work harder because as per my knowledge its very tough to score good marks in AIEEE Exam

AIEEE exam is of 360 marks and 90 question. 30 questions from each Physics ,Chemistry and Maths each correct answer gives you +4 marks and each wrong answer gives you -1 marks
20th April 2015, 02:58 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Cutoff marks required in 12th CBSE to study B.Tech(ECE)?

There is no such cut-off marks required in 12th CBSE to get admission in B.tech(ECE) course.

One just needs to clear all his/her papers to appear for entrance examinations.

However, to do B.Tech you don't have any criteria as to how much marks you need to score in your boards, you only have to appear for JEE (Mains) and after having scored well in the entrance examination, you will be allotted colleges depending on your rank scored in entrance examination.
20th April 2015, 08:45 AM
taherrocks
Senior Member+

In order to go for B.Tech in any stream, the minimum marks required for appearing in various kind of B.Tech examination is minimum 50% marks in class 12th with recognized board.

If you get minimum 50% in class 12th board exam then you are eligible for most of the entrance examination for higher studies in future.
20th April 2015, 11:10 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Sorry to say that there is no fixed board aggregate required to get admission in different stream of Engineering in the different colleges .

First of all to do the Engineering you have to qualify the eligibility criteria of a particular colleges whether they take admission on there own entrance examination or they take admission on the basis of board results .

Since ECE is in great demand generally the top ranker of the entrance examination conducted by the colleges can go for it . So to get admission in ECE in good colleges you must be a intelligent students and perform well .

But there are many private colleges in which you can get admission in ECE stream . So if you have interest in ECE go with it .
So you can apply for the entrance examination for engineering also as :-
JEE.
VITEEE.
BITSAT .
20th April 2015, 01:41 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

To join in B.Tech(ECE) course, your son has to appear for any State-level or National-level engineering entrance exam, because most of the universities/colleges offers engineering admissions on the basis of rank in engineering entrance exam. So, you should suggest your son to apply for any engineering entrance exam. To apply for engineering entrance exams, he should have minimum 45% of marks(40% in case of reserved category candidate) in his 12th standard.
21st April 2015, 01:35 PM
kaushikprince
Senior Member++

For admission to B.Tech in different colleges depend upon their eligibility criteria.
Eligibility criteria for applying to IITs candidate need to have above 78% marks through CBSE in 12th and must have qualified JEEMAINS
For admission in BIT,candidate needs to have overall 75% marks and 60% atleast in each PCM in 12th.
So ,percentage in 12th for admission in B.Tech depends on the fact that in which college the stuent wishes to take admission.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?