30th March 2015, 01:44 PM
Unregistered

Can I study B.Sc in Chemistry if failed in Maths but qualified in 12th CBSE?

Hello Sir,
Can I do B.Sc in Chemistry if I am fail in
Mathematics of 12th but passed in 12th CBSE?
I have also scored good marks in Chemistry.
Waiting for your reply.

4th April 2015, 02:57 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I study B.Sc in Chemistry if failed in Maths but qualified in 12th CBSE?

No, you can't study B.Sc in chemistry if you failed in Maths in 12th class.

Eligibility to do B.Sc in Chemistry :

Candidate must pass 12th class or equivalent exam in Science stream with atleast 45% marks from any recognised board.
Candidate will not be allowed if they fail in any of the following subjects: Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics.

So, you are not eligible for admission in B.Sc in Chemistry.
5th April 2015, 11:30 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I study B.Sc in Chemistry if failed in Maths but qualified in 12th CBSE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello Sir,
Can I do B.Sc in Chemistry if I am fail in
Mathematics of 12th but passed in 12th CBSE?
I have also scored good marks in Chemistry.
Waiting for your reply.
No, you are not eligible for B.Sc in Chemistry course.

Eligibility criteria for B.Sc in Chemistry:-

Those candidates who have completed 12th standard from a recognized board with PCM are eligible for admission in B.Sc in Chemistry.

Your age should be above 17 years.
5th April 2015, 07:20 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Sorry, you are not eligible for taking admission in Bachelor of Chemistry course being failed in Mathematics paper of your 12 board examination.

Because for eligibility in above course you must have passed in all of your subjects of senior secondary course / equivalent degree course .Student failed any of the subject is not eligible for same .

So you should first appear in compartmental examination held after the declaration of result and pass in it then apply for B.Sc course to avoid one year loss of your academics .
6th April 2015, 12:22 PM
amanshrivastava98

No, as per the norms of UGC, any candidate seeking admission in any graduation degree course should have passed the higher secondary with all its subjects successfully.

If you get failed in any subject then you have to re-write the examination called as supplymentary and if you qualify that then only you are eligible to get admitted into any graduation course.
7th April 2015, 04:58 PM
MECHANICAL POWER

No, you are not eligible to get admission in B.Sc with Chemistry honours, if your main subject in 12th is PCM ( physics , chemistry, math) and you failed in mathematics.
Minimum over all 45% marks is required in 12th to get admission in honours,
Also you need 45% marks in Chemistry in 12th to get it as a honours subject.
7th April 2015, 10:42 PM
kunalroy89

One must pass the higher secondary exam to get admission in Graduation.
As you have failed in 1 subject only so appear for the compartmental exam and pass it so as to be eligible for the admissions.
You need not waste your entire year for one subject.
The results of compartmental exams comes out before the admissions in Graduate courses are over.
8th April 2015, 09:16 AM
poojasingh151

No, you are not eligible for B.Sc that is Bachelor of Chemistry if you failed in Maths in 12th examination.
Eligible Criteria:
1.Candidates must have completed their 12th examination by having PCM stream From any recognized University.
2.Candidates should have minimum 45% marks in 12th.
3.Candidates should have minimum 45% marks to get honours subject.
8th April 2015, 07:46 PM
parnel
Junior Member+

Hello friend

I have the solution for your problem it is.

1.The eligibility criteria for B.Sc chemistry as as follows

-->Candidate must have completed his/her 12th standard with more than 50% marks.
-->Candidate must have done 12th standard in science stream

2.You might have got more than 50% and passed in physics and chemistry but you are not eligible for B.Sc chemistry.

3.Because candidate must have completed his/her 12th standard without any backlog.

4.As you have failed in maths so you are not eligible.

Hope this information is helpful to you.................

Have a nice day.................
26th May 2015, 05:23 PM
Unregistered

Sir i had failed in maths but CBSE made me pass by the help of additional subject can i opt for (BBA)
MY subject was
PHYSICS
MATHS
ENGLISH
CHEMISTRY
PHYSICAL EDUCATION
HINDI
9th June 2015, 12:05 PM
Unregistered

sir i have failed in chem of cbse exma but all over paas due to 6 sub and nxt year i give improvemnt exam of all sub but this time i fail in phy so sir plzz tell me that can i take admission in bsc with two marksheet
22nd August 2015, 11:49 AM
Unregistered

I don't have chemistry subject in class 12th but I score good no in class physic and math can I take admission for math honorse
8th September 2015, 04:42 PM
Unregistered

Sir I failed in maths in 12 class but I passedanand the university give me admission in bsc with math ialso classed bsc final ...I want to it is right or not
9th September 2015, 06:17 PM
dinesh the king

B.Sc (Bachelor of SCience) is a three year degree course for +2 passed out students.
coming to your question,the answer is definitely no because to get into that you must have passed +2 with a minimum aggregate of 55% in maths,physics,chemistry
13th July 2016, 08:37 PM
Unregistered

Sir I have PCB stream in class 12th...I have 6sub. In class 12th...I m failed in chem....but overall I m passed due to my 6th sub Hindi...in place of chem. They added my additional sub. Hindi and make my result pass...I have passed 12th from CBSE board....sir I want to do b.sc can I do it..with these subjects?plzz give reply sir....I really need ur ans.
14th July 2016, 07:33 PM
Sri Kavya Ketagani

No, you are not eligible to pursue B.Sc Chemistry.

The basic eligibility to pursue B.Sc(Chemistry) is you should have passed 10+2 in Science stream with minimum of 50% marks in Chemistry subject from any recognized board.
11th August 2016, 02:37 PM
Unregistered

Sir I failed in physics but by additional subject I pass the 12th so can I take admission in bsc phy maths and CSE
I also failed In compartment of physics
13th June 2017, 06:18 AM
Unregistered

Can I study BSc in cardiovascular technology if I have failed in maths in 12th?
10th June 2018, 09:09 AM
Unregistered

I have passed in best of 5 subjects including language subjects in wb HS 2018( science). But I failed in Chemistry. Overall merit result is PASS. Will she get any honors in science stream?
11th June 2018, 11:23 AM
Unregistered

Can I do BSC in agriculture I passed maths compartment exam I took pcmb 60%
5th July 2018, 09:37 AM
Unregistered

Sir i have failed computer science in 12th Science stream can I take admission in b. sc I haveypassed in physics chemistry biology English please suggest me sir
26th March 2019, 05:30 PM
Unregistered

If I fail in physics in my 12 board then can I get general pass course in bio science
24th June 2019, 11:19 AM
Unregistered

Sir i failed in chemistry what can I eligible for bsc zoology honrs
27th September 2019, 12:24 AM
Unregistered

Can I do b.sc major maths if I fail in physics in hs final
26th November 2019, 09:49 AM
Unregistered

Can I study bsc botany honours if I get fail in chemistry in hs?
4th March 2020, 01:41 AM
Unregistered

sir i have 94% in my cbse exam and i want to do chemistry hons from du , but i got fail in physics and passed with my 6 subject , so i m eligible to do chemistry hons from du ?
14th July 2020, 10:46 PM
Unregistered

Sir i got 23 out of 80 marks in maths but I pass with addition subject can I do bsc with chemistry.
18th July 2020, 08:31 PM
Unregistered

Sir can i study b.sc zoology if i fail in chemistry theory and my result is pass?
31st July 2020, 06:41 PM
Unregistered

I failed in chemistry can i get admission in bscocm
11th August 2020, 11:50 PM
Unregistered

Sir can I get Bsc chemistry if i faild in math!
Sir I'm from WBCHSE!
RELPY PLEASE SIR
19th August 2020, 01:17 PM
Unregistered

Can i do bsc if i fail in chemistry in 12
15th June 2022, 02:00 AM
Unregistered

If I pass in 5 subject and got 63% and fail in physics 12th can I do b.sc general ya b.sc biology honours
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?