20th June 2015, 04:19 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to appear in BITSAT if secure less than 75% in 12th?

Hello Sir,
After applying for BITSAT when I get our 12th Board exam result if I get less than 75 percent then can I still write the exam and get an admission as per BITSAT marks?

21st June 2015, 07:46 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear in BITSAT if secure less than 75% in 12th?

NO , you are not eligible to appear in BITSAT after securing less than 75% in 12th.

BITSAT stands for Birla Institute of Technology and Science Admission Test .

The eligibility criteria for BITSAT are as under :-

- The candidate must have passed 12th class under the 10+2 system from a recognized Central or State board or its equivalent.

- The candidate must have passed 12th in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics and secured a minimum of 75% in aggregate .

- The candidate should have secured 60% marks individually in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics .

-The candidate have proficiency i.e., ability to read and write in English .
21st June 2015, 08:44 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

No, I am sorry to say that you are not eligible to appear in BITSAT Entrance Examination is secured less than 75% marks in 12th Class. The minimum basic percentage required in order to be eligible for appearing in BITSAT Entrance Examination is "75% marks" from a recognized university. Candidates must have obtained a minimum of 75% aggregate in Class 12th or its equivalent examination. And besides this, you are required to secure minimum 60% marks in each subject (i.e., 60% marks in Mathematics, 60% marks in Chemistry and 60% marks in Physics). So as far as the basic eligibility criteria required is concerned, you are NOT eligible to appear in BITSAT Entrance Examination. Candidates who have completed 12th Class in 2014 or appearing in 2015 are eligible to appear in BITSAT Exam. If you secure less than 75% marks in 12th Class, then you are not eligible to give BITSAT Exam.
21st June 2015, 08:59 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello Sir,
After applying for BITSAT when I get our 12th Board exam result if I get less than 75 percent then can I still write the exam and get an admission as per BITSAT marks?
As per marks criteria, you are not eligible for BITSAT exam.

Details of BITSAT exam is given below.

Those candidates who have completed their 10+2 from a recognized Board in the country are eligible for BITSAT exam. Candidates must have secured a minimum of 75% in aggregate in the subjects of Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry. Candidates must be proficient in English also.

You can apply online by clicking on the link http://www.bitsadmission.com/
21st June 2015, 10:39 PM
Bestanswerer
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello Sir,
Sorry that you are not eligible for BITSAT entrance exam. Those candidates who have completed their 12th standard with minimum 75% aggregate marks in PCM are eligible.

Educational Qualification:-

- The minimum eligibility criteria to appear in the BITSAT is pass in the 12th exam with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics with minimum 75% aggregate marks in PCM, at least 60% marks in each of the physics, chemistry, Mathematics and in English from a recognized board or school.

- Those candidates who are waiting for 12th standard board exam may also eligible.

Official Website - www.bits-pilani.ac.in/
22nd June 2015, 08:57 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

No, you will not get admission if you do not get 75% in your 12th level in the subjects Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics aggregate. For detailed eligibility conditions, you can refer the attachment below.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf BITSAT2015_brochure.pdf(7.95 MB, 24 views)
23rd June 2015, 05:29 PM
sairam0123

Hello.

Sorry but you are not eligible for that.
BITSAT stands for:- Birla Institute of Technology and Science Admission Test .

The eligibility criteria is listed below:-

You should have passed 12th with 75% aggregate marks in Physics,Chemistry,Maths.
You have have passed 12th from a recognized university or state board.
Candidate should have secured individually 60% of marks in Physics ,Chemistry,Maths,English.
Candidate should be able to read as well as write English.

For further information you can visit the listed below website:-
www.bitsadmission.com

I hope you got it.
23rd February 2019, 12:16 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to appear in bistar if secured 74.2% in 12th and scored 82 in mathematics, 76 in physics and 78 in chemistry?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?