19th April 2015, 03:56 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to appear in BITSAT if secured 73.6% in 12th and scored 66 marks in Mathematics?

Hello Sir,
I have got 73.4% in 12th & 66 marks in Mathematics.
I would like to apply for BITSAT.
Kindly let me know am I eligible for BITSAT?
Waiting for your reply.

20th April 2015, 07:32 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear in BITSAT if secured 73.6% in 12th and scored 66 marks in Mathematics?

BITSAT is an entrance examination which is conducted by BITS, Pilani for admission to all Integrated First Degree programmes in BITS campuses. Eligibility criteria required to appear in BITSAT examination is mentioned below :-

--> You should have obtained a minimum aggregate of 75% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects in 12th examination, with at least 60% marks in each of the Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects.

--> Only Students who are appearing for 12th examination in present year or who have passed 12th Examination in last year are eligible to appear in the upcoming BITSAT test.

Since, you have score more than 60% marks in Mathematics and 73% aggregate in your 12th standard examinations, you are eligible to appear in BITSAT examination.
20th April 2015, 11:34 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear in BITSAT if secured 73.6% in 12th and scored 66 marks in Mathematics?

BITSAT stands for Birla Institute of Science and Technology Admission Test and the examination is conducted to get admission in Undergraduate courses of B.Tech in different stream .
No your are not eligible for the BITSAT . The eligibility criteria is :-

* Candidates must passed the +2 from a recognised university .

* Candidates must have 75% aggregate in Physics , Chemistry and Mathematics and at least 60 marks in each of it .

*Candidates must be proficient in English .

The examination is online based and question in the examination are asked from the Physics , Chemistry , Mathematics and English .

So you can apply for other more entrance examination for your undergraduate courses .
20th April 2015, 12:57 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible for the BITSAT entrance examination conducted by the BITS for admission of the stundents for the undergraduate courses in different stream .

As the eligibility criteria is as :-

Aspirants must have done +2 from a recognised university.

You must have 75% aggregate in the Physics ,Chemistry and Mathematics.

With 75% in PCM you must have at least 60 marks in each of them .

The examination paper is online based with question from Physics , Chemistry , Physics and the English.
So it is must required that candidates have better knowledge of English .

But if you want go for Engineering you are eligible for other entrance examination of Engineering in different colleges.
20th April 2015, 06:43 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello Sir,
I have got 73.4% in 12th & 66 marks in Mathematics.
I would like to apply for BITSAT.
Kindly let me know am I eligible for BITSAT?
Waiting for your reply.
As per marks criteria, you are not eligible for BITSAT exam.

Details of BITSAT exam is given below.

Those candidates who have completed their 10+2 from a recognized Board in the country are eligible for BITSAT exam. Candidates must have secured a minimum of 75% in aggregate in the subjects of Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry. Candidates must be proficient in English also.

You can apply online by clicking on the link http://www.bitsadmission.com/
20th April 2015, 10:02 PM
kaushikprince
Senior Member++

No, you are not eligible to apply for BITSAT.
Eligibility criteria for BITSAT:-
i)Must have secured on overall 75% marks in Higher Secondary Examination/10+2/equivalent from recognized board .

ii)Must have obtained 60%marks each in Physics,Chemistry,Mathematics.
English is also a subject in BITSAT.
19th January 2017, 09:11 AM
Unregistered

I have scored 74.57% in my 12th boards examination. And have scored more than 60% in each of them. Am i elligible for admission in any of the bits colleges
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?