20th July 2015, 12:55 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for law after graduation? What is the tenure of study and the future scope in this field?

i am a b.com graduated student i am completed my U.G in the year of 2013 and wish to do law after graduation.i want to know am i eligible for law after graduation? and if yes then do i have to appear for law entrance exam? and what is the tenure of study?and wat is the future scope in this field? plz guide me.

21st July 2015, 08:59 PM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for law after graduation? What is the tenure of study and the future scope in this field?

Yes, You are eligible for law course which is Three years course duration & having six Semesters in this course ,There are many colleges which they used to conduct entrance exam for taking admission in this course & rest they used to take admission through merit list.

If you want to study in NLU (National Law University) for this you have to appear CLAT entrance exam which is conducts for both three years & five years batch for Law course.

List of best Law college in India :

National Law School of India University

West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences

Rajiv Gandhi School Of Intellectual Property Law , IIT Kharagpur

National Academy of Legal Studies and Research

National Law University, Jodhpur

National Law University, Delhi

National Law Institute University

Gujarat National Law University

Hidayatullah National Law University

Indian Law Society's Law College

Rajiv Gandhi National University Of Law

Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University

Government Law College

National University of Advanced Legal Studies

Army Institute of Law

Dr. Ambedkar Government Law College
21st July 2015, 09:13 PM
vanisunshine.vani
Senior Member++

Default Re: Am I eligible for law after graduation? What is the tenure of study and the future scope in this field?

eligibility criteria for LLB:-

-Candidates from General and Other Backward Classes (OBC) categories, need to have a Graduate/Post-Graduate Degree from the recognized University

- percentage required:- minimum percentage required is 50%.

-resident of India

-need to appear for CLAT i.e common law aptitude test and clear the exam.

***The examination pattern covers questions on areas such as :-

1)Reasoning
2)General Awareness
3)Legal Aptitude
4)Numerical Aptitude
5)Political Science (Preliminary)

####can work in as

* various courts of law,
* in government service both Central and State government,
* as legal advisers,
* teachers,
*in various companies,
*corporate houses,
* organizations etc.
*do private practice as legal advisors, advocates, solicitors etc.
21st July 2015, 11:38 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i am a b.com graduated student i am completed my U.G in the year of 2013 and wish to do law after graduation.i want to know am i eligible for law after graduation? and if yes then do i have to appear for law entrance exam? and what is the tenure of study?and wat is the future scope in this field? plz guide me.
Bachelor of Law (LLB) is a three years professional course which is divided into six semester.

Yes, of course you are eligible to apply for LLB after completing Graduation. The aspirant can join the Three years LLB Degree course after Graduation. Many universities are offering part time LLB courses for graduates to study.

The admission to the LLB is based on the CLAT entrance exam score or some reputed universities may also conduct their own entrance exam as well. Those candidates who show good performance in the entrance exam can get first preference at the time of admission.

There is a lot of scope available in this field. One can join in Legal firms or corporate offices as legal officers other than practicing as an advocate or lawyer. If one decides to become an advocate means he or she has to join as a junior assistant to the advocate. There are lots of specializations available such as, Civil Law, Criminal Law, Tax Law, Corporate Law, International Law, Labor Law and Patent Law. The remuneration is best in this field.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?