15th May 2015, 04:50 PM
Unregistered

How can I prepare to crack CAT after completing B.Com?

Sir,
My Intermediate background is Mathematics.
Now I am doing B.Com final year and
after completion of my B.Com
I would like to prepare for CAT.
I don't know how to prepare for CAT.
Give me some advice.

18th May 2015, 09:49 PM
ArunavaBasu
Senior Member++++

Default Re: How can I prepare to crack CAT after completing B.Com?

You will have to practice the kind of sums that are given in the Examination.
The best way and the easiest way to prepare for the CAT Examination is by joining the course of many of the Training Institutes that are present throughout the country.
TIME is one off the best Institutes and you can consider getting yourself admitted there.
The classroom course along with the study material that is provided will be very helpful for you and if you are able to do the course seriously according to their guidance then you will stand every chance of getting a very good score in the CAT Examination.
18th May 2015, 11:23 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

CAT exam stands for Common Admission Test which is conducted by Indian Institute of Management to get admission into MBA course.

Preparation tips for CAT exam:

Before starting preparation, think through prospects of taking and cracking CAT. Are you really interested in taking test and see yourself in a top B- School in the next 2 years.

Go through the syllabus and start with basics

Know where you stands

Make section wise plan

Take mock test

Time management according to study

In CAT 2013, 34% of the total registered candidates were working professionals. Compared to students, it is tough for the working executives to prepare for CAT
19th May 2015, 05:56 PM
metal_god16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir,
My Intermediate background is Mathematics.
Now I am doing B.Com final year and
after completion of my B.Com
I would like to prepare for CAT.
I don't know how to prepare for CAT.
Give me some advice.
hi, will just explain what you need to do...in simple terms, the whole syllabus can be divided into broad categories..for maths, we have number system, arithmetic, algebra and geometry and modern maths..out of these two, start with any of the first two...for numbers, you can refer to Koncepts of Numbers by Gajendra Singh...for AM, you can start with RS agarwal books to practice the basics..this provides good practice for arithmetic and would give you sufficient basic level practice...also, for geometry (if this is a big probelm area for you), refer to NCERT books..these would help to master the topic..along with this, focus on calculation tricks and vedic maths..

Thanks
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?