10th August 2015, 09:37 PM
Unregistered

For which subject I should apply in GATE among Biotechnology and Life Science to study PhD in Biotechnology and become a Lecturer?

Sir,
I am pursuing M.Sc in Biotechnology. I want to do PhD in Biotechnology and my main aim is to become a Lecturer. So, I am planning to give GATE. But I am confused that should I go for GATE Biotechnology or GATE Life Sciences?

Related Questions:
  1. Can I apply for GATE to study PhD(Life Science) after M.Sc(Biotechnology)?
  2. Institutes offering Ph.D in Biotechnology in India through GATE?
  3. Institutions providing Phd in biotechnology in India through GATE
  4. Can I apply for PhD course under Result Awaited category in IIT-Roorkee if secured 91.15 percentile in GATE(Biotechnology) and pursuing last semester of M.Sc(Biotechnology)?
  5. Can I apply for Ph.D in Biotechnology through GATE Exam being a candidate having completed B.Tech in Biotechnology?
  6. Scope of phd in biotechnology after msc biotechnology? -- [Most Discussed]
  7. Am I eligible to study PhD in Biotechnology if secured 746 rank in GATE and 6.1 CGPA in B.Tech(Biotechnology)?
  8. Is it possible to do masters in Biotechnology after B.Sc. in Zoology?
  9. How can I apply for Ph.D in Biotechnology after completing M.Sc in Biotechnology?
  10. Career prospects if life science and biotechnology in GATE?
  11. Is it fine to do Ph.D in Biotechnology and CSIR, NET, GATE and JRF fellowship exam?
  12. Is it beneficial to study PhD in Biotechnology for M.Sc in Biotechnology & Management postgraduate? Job opportunities after completing PhD in Biotechnology?
  13. What is the syllabus of JNU PH.D exam of Life Science, Biotechnology and Environmental Biotechnology
  14. Best institute in Allahabad for UPSC? I am doing BSc Biotechnology
  15. Can MSc Biochemistry student apply for M.Tech Biotechnology?
  16. Last 5 years question papers of JNU PhD in Life Science and PhD in Biotechnology entrance exams?
  17. Entrance exams for PhD in Life Science? Syllabus for it?
  18. List of Institutes which offer PhD in Biotechnology program without NET and GATE in India?
13th August 2015, 09:00 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: For which subject I should apply in GATE among Biotechnology and Life Science to study PhD in Biotechnology and become a Lecturer?

Biotechnology will be the best subject for you if you have done M.Sc Biotechnology. Once you qualify GATE in this subject then you have chance of getting admission in top institutes like IITs and NITs for your M.Tech program in biotechnology. You can also go for PH.D in the same field.

Once you have these kind of qualification you will automatically become eligible for lecturer jobs in various reputed universities. You can do research plus teaching at the same time.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?