5th October 2015, 11:04 AM
Unregistered

Can I get any job opportunity in Indian Air Force?

Sir, i am a Arts student in 12th and i got 73% of marks in 12th whether i can get any job opportunity in Indian air force?

5th October 2015, 11:03 PM
H Rimmy

Default Re: Can I get any job opportunity in Indian Air Force?

Yes definitely you can join Indian Airforce .To joining air force you have to appear NDA exam which will be on written basis & objective type.
If you appeared this exam after completion of 12th with get good marks then you can join Air force.
Age limit should between 16.5 to 19 years.
Physical fitness also required.
5th October 2015, 11:25 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, i am a Arts student in 12th and i got 73% of marks in 12th whether i can get any job opportunity in Indian air force?
No, 12th arts student are not eligible for Indian Air Force exam. But you can apply for Indian Army through NDA exam.

NDA stands for National Defence Service exam. NDA Examination is conducted for 3 wings-Indian Air Force, Indian Navy and Indian Army.

The candidate's who have completed the 12th standard from a recognized board or equivalent exam are eligible for NDA exam. Final year of 12th standard candidate are eligible for NDA exam.

Your age should be in between to 16.5 years to 19.5 years. There is no age relaxation for SC/ST candidates.
5th October 2015, 11:37 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

At the 10+2 level, the only entrance examination for entry into Indian Airforce is the National Defence Academy conducted by the Union Public Service Commission twice every year.

The academic qualification for this exam is that candidate must have done 10+2 from any stream for Indian Army but for Airforce, you must have studied Physics and Chemistry at 10+2 level that is science stream.

So, you are not eligible for the Indian Airforce with 10+2 with arts stream and 73% marks in it. If you are interested in joining Airforce only then pursue your bachelor's degree in science discipline for Combined defence Services and AFCAT exam.
5th October 2015, 11:59 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

No, not at all, only science stream candidates can apply for the National Defence Academy examination for entry into Indian Airforce at 10+2 level.

Arts candidates are only eligible for the Indian Army. So there is no job opportunity for you in Indian Airforce after arts in 10+2.
7th October 2015, 11:31 PM
RRAL

Yes you can go for the Indian Air force after completing your class 12th.You have to appear in the NDA entrance exam.

It is necessary to have a suy passed in class 12th to be eligible for this exam.12th class appearing students are also eligible to write this exam. The student who wish to appear in this exam must have their age in between 16.5 years to 19 years to be completely eligible for this exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?