21st October 2015, 04:14 PM
Unregistered

Mechanical engineering Diploma holder is eligible for Aeronautical engineering?

Tell me that can I eligible for aeronautical engineering after studying diploma in mechanical engineering. If yes then please tell me what is process.

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible for Aeronautical Engineering after completing diploma mechanical with 70%? List of Aeronautical Engineering colleges in Maharashtra?
  2. Criteria to join Aeronautical Engineering after Diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  3. Eligibility for aeronautical Engineering after Diploma in mechanical engineering? Fee structure of Aeronautical engineering?
  4. Aeronautical Engineering after Diploma in Electronics and Communication? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. Can I study B.Tech(Aeronautical Engineering) after completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  6. Am I eligible to do diploma in aeronautical engineering after 10th standard with 95%+ marks?
  7. Can I study B.Tech(Aeronautical Engineering) after completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  8. Mechanical Engineering Diploma eligibility?
  9. Are diploma mechanical students eligible for Aeronautical Engineering in India?
  10. Am I eligible to study B.Tech in Aeronautical Engineering if completed Diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  11. Aeronautical engineering after diploma in electrical and electronical engineering?
  12. How to go for aeronautical engineering? I am studying in diploma mechanical
  13. Can diploma holders join Electronics and Communication Engineering?
  14. Can ECE diploma students get in Aeronautical Engineering? Is MHT CET the only way to get into Aeronautical Engineering?
  15. Should I have to appear in JEE Main to study B.E.(Aeronautical Engineering) being a Mechanical Engineering Diploma student?
  16. Can I apply for Diploma in Automobile or Aeronautical Engineering if passed diploma in Mechanical Engineering from MSBTE?
  17. Can I study B.E. in Aeronautical Engineering being a Diploma holder in Information Technology?
  18. How to do Aeronautical Engineering after diploma in mechanical engineering?
21st October 2015, 06:09 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Mechanical engineering Diploma holder is eligible for Aeronautical engineering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Tell me that can I eligible for aeronautical engineering after studying diploma in mechanical engineering. If yes then please tell me what is process.
No, diploma in Mechanical Engineering candidates are not eligible for B.Tech/B.E in Aeronautical Engineering.

Those candidates who have completed diploma in aeronautical engineering from a recognized university are eligible for B.Tech in Aeronautical Engineering.

Your age should be above 17 years.
21st October 2015, 08:28 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Mechanical engineering Diploma holder is eligible for Aeronautical engineering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes, you are eligible for joining any Bachelor course for Aeronautical Engineering through Lateral Entry scheme.

Aeronautical engineering colleges are present in abundant in South India. So, you can easily get admission in those colleges.

For getting admission directly in 2nd year, you will have to appear for Lateral Entry exam conducted by the Institution or the University to which that institution is affiliated with.

After you qualify that exam, you can easily get admission.

Note that, you can't get admission in IITs on the basis of Lateral Entry Exam. You must have completed your 10+2 exam, if you wish to take admission in IITs.

List of some prominent Aeronautical Engineering colleges are:
  • Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur.
  • Indian Institute of Technology Mumbai
  • Bangalore Institute of Aeronautical Engineering and Information Technology, Bangalore
  • Indian Institute of Aeronautical Engineering, Dehradun
  • Guru Gram Institute of Aeronautical Engineering & Technology
  • Indian Institute of Technology Chennai
  • Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur
  • Indian Institute of Aeronautics, Patna
  • Hindustan Institute of Engineering Technology, Chennai
  • Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati
  • Bihar Institute of Technology, Sindri, Ranchi.
  • Mohammad Sathak Engineering College, Kilakarai.
  • Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee
  • Siddhartha Institute of Aeronautical Engineering and Information Technology
  • Nehru College of Aeronautics and Applied Sciences, Coimbatore
  • Indian Institute of Technology Delhi
  • Punjab Engineering College, Chandigarh
  • Rajasthan Vidhyapeeth (Deemed)University, (Rajasthan)
  • Hindustan Electronics Academy,Bangalore
  • Institute of Aviation Technology, Haryana
  • Anna University, Chennai
  • Institute of Aeronautical and Marine Engineering, Bangalore
  • Park College of Engineering and Technology, Coimbatore, (Tamil Nadu)
  • School of Aviation Science and Technology, Delhi Flying Club, Safdarjung Airport, New Delhi
  • VSM Aerospace, Chelekere Village (Near Kammanahalli), Bangalore
21st October 2015, 09:38 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to pursue Aeronautical Engineering course after completion of your Mechanical Engineering Diploma course. Candidates who have completed 12th standard with Non-Medical Science stream or those who have completed three years Diploma course in Mechanical/Aeronautical Engineering are eligible to pursue Aeronautical Engineering course. To get admission in Aeronautical Engineering course after completion of your three years Diploma course, you need to appear and qualify Lateral Entry examinations like LEET/ECET/JELET, etc. By qualifying the entrance examination, based upon your examination rank, you will be allotted a seat in a particular college and you can get admission in second year of four years B.Tech course.
22nd October 2015, 12:24 AM
RSJ66
Senior Member++

# Aeronautical engineering is of four years duration.

# Prescribed educational qualification and other eligibility conditions are:

* Candidate must have completed B.E or B.Tech. or diploma in aeronautics.
* Candidate must have studied the PCM stream in the intermediate level.
* Note that marks obtained in intermediate and Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) are taken into consideration. So it is obvious that it is most important to qualify the Joint Entrance Examination (JEE).

# Followings are the fields or institutes where candidate can get the job are:

* National Aeronautical Lab (NAL)
* Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd. (HAL)
* In all Airlines Services
* Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO)
* Defence Research Development Organization (DRDO)
* Aircraft making firms

# Names of institutes/universities/colleges offering courses in aeronautics engineering are:
* Samalkha Group of Institute, Panipat, Haryana
* School of Aeronautics, New Delhi
* Bengal Engineering and Science University, Howrah, Kolkata
* ACS College of Engineering, Bangalore
* Indian Institute of Aircraft Engineering, New Delhi
* IIMT Engineering College, Meerut, U.P.
* Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur/Bombay/Kharagpur/Madras
* IIST, Thiruvanthpuram
* Hindustan Institute of Engineering Technology, Chennai
22nd October 2015, 07:31 AM
kkghorla
Senior Member+

Yes, a candidate having the diploma in mechanical engineering can apply for the Aeronautical engineering because the diploma candidates can change the stream in B.tech and for this they have to appear in Lateral Entry Entrance Test that is conducted only for the diploma candidates and the 10% seats in every college and University are always reserverd for the diploma candidates.

>> To enter in the Aeronautical engineering a candidate have to get the rank in top 1000 candidates and after it through the online counseling he or she can get the admission in aeronautical engineering.
22nd October 2015, 02:51 PM
shivendukumarpandey

Yes,
if you have passed diploma in Mechanical Engineering then you can go ahead for B.E./B.Tech in aeronautical engineering. Foe taking admission in B.E./B.Tech you have to pass state level examinations like Uttar Pradesh Technological University (UPTU). If you passed examination, your admission will be done in second year direct.
3rd July 2017, 08:44 PM
Unregistered

I have passed my diploma in mechanical engineering from Maharashtra and i am planing to take admission for aeronautical engineering in banglore so is it possible???
26th October 2021, 02:14 PM
Unregistered

now i would like to see the course module per semister
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?