6th April 2014, 02:35 PM
Unregistered

A year gap will restrict me in getting a job?

I am a final year b.tech student in Electronics n communication and had an year gap in between. Will it totally restrict all ways of getting a job abroad or even admission in higher studies ?

Related Questions:
  1. Can I get a job after 1 year gap after 12th, 2 years gap after UG and 2 years gap after PG?
  2. Can I get a job if I have 1 year Gap after 12th, 2 years gap after UG and 2 years gap after MBA(HR)?
  3. Jobs difficulty after having 1 year gap after 10th and 2 years gap after 12th? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. List of Companies(preferably I.T) which considers more than 2 years gap in education for job?
  5. Curriculum of TCS placement paper? What is the pattern of selection?
  6. What should I to get placed in a good company after engineering?
  7. Can I get a software job with a 1 year gap after completing B.Tech ECE?
  8. After working as a trainee in IT company can I try out a job in IT industry or government job in Indian Oil, HP etc if Have 3 years Gap between my previous job?
  9. Can I get a job in IT company even after having 2 year academic gap?
  10. Can I continue my Diploma to get good Job having a year gap after completion of 1st year of Diploma with 84%?
  11. Can I get a job in reputed organizations through placement drives if I have 3 years gap?
  12. List of companies offering jobs for 2nd division in 12th and 2 year gap after MBA?
  13. Job after completing B.Tech in 2010 and working with NGO for 1 year? Job if i start MBA in 2012?
  14. What can be a valid reason for a 1 year Gap for getting a job in WIPRO or Infosys?
  15. How to get Job in IT field after completion of MCA but having a gap of 3 years after B.Sc?
  16. Will I get admission in good B-school if there is more than one year academic gap?
  17. How to explain a year gap in education?
  18. Am I eligible for placement in TCS if I have backlog in 4th semester of B.Tech?
9th April 2014, 12:08 PM
Support
Forum Staff

Thumbs up Re: A year gap will restrict me in getting a job?

No you don't have to worry about the year gap at all, most of the MNC companies won't even see or ask about the year gaps if it's only 1 year but there is a possibility of them questioning you in the interview process and there you need to make sure that you have the suitable answer for the same.

It goes same for doing the higher studies as well. The reason for you taking a year gap should have a proper reason. So, you don't have to worry about that much and concentrate on the upcoming placements or the preparation which you need to do for higher studies.

Getting a job abroad is quite difficult as a fresher with B.E/B.Tech degree. There is a possibility of the company which you join here might relocate you abroad if at all the project which you get through needs travel but if you are really looking for jobs only outside and not via campus placements then you need to do some more research on applying jobs abroad and follow up those procedures. The better thing to do is get a job in India itself for now. Work for 3-4 years where in you might get onsight opportunities if not with the experience gained you can apply for jobs abroad.
23rd March 2019, 04:04 PM
Priya8K

Default Re: A year gap will restrict me in getting a job?

Of course not. Having a year back is quite common and many companies don't mind it. The problem occurs when you have a gap of 3 - 4 years or more. You can search for companies having vacancies suitable for your skills.

If you want to go for higher studies then you can apply in colleges in which you are interested. Excepting few colleges, all others accept the year back.But they may ask for a genuine reason for the year back.

If you want to get the job abroad now only, then it is quite difficult but not impossible. You can do a research on the companies that you want to join and their recruitment procedures, eligibility criteria, etc. Also you will need to pass the interview which may be challenging until and unless you are an expert in your field and have an in depth knowledge of you stream. You can also first try to get into good Indian companies , gain experience and then apply abroad, or join mnc's which offer onsite opportunities.
23rd March 2019, 04:05 PM
Priya8K

Smile Re: A year gap will restrict me in getting a job?

Of course not. Having a year back is quite common and many companies don't mind it. The problem occurs when you have a gap of 3 - 4 years or more. You can search for companies having vacancies suitable for your skills.

If you want to go for higher studies then you can apply in colleges in which you are interested. Excepting few colleges, all others accept the year back.But they may ask for a genuine reason for the year back.

If you want to get the job abroad now only, then it is quite difficult but not impossible. You can do a research on the companies that you want to join and their recruitment procedures, eligibility criteria, etc. Also you will need to pass the interview which may be challenging until and unless you are an expert in your field and have an in depth knowledge of you stream. You can also first try to get into good Indian companies , gain experience and then apply abroad, or join mnc's which offer onsite opportunities.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?