16th January 2016, 10:10 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to get admission in IIT for doing engineering after diploma?

Sir/Mam,

I am diploma student
I am complite my diploma in mechanical
In the next year then can I get the admission in IIT engg. Can you please help me with the information on the same?

Thanks!

16th January 2016, 02:42 PM
EALP EXPERT
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to get admission in IIT for doing engineering after diploma?

ADMISSION IN IIT AFTER DIPLOMA MECHANICAL

* IIT does not offer lateral entry admission.

* So you cannot get admission in Indian Institute of Technology after completing diploma in engineering, even if you are a topper.

* The entrance exam for IIT admission is IIT-JEE.

* Only 12th standard pass candidates with PCM subjects can apply for IIT-JEE entrance exam.
16th January 2016, 06:58 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to get admission in IIT for doing engineering after diploma?

Sorry, to say that you are not eligible to get admission in IIT for doing Engineering course after completion of your three years Diploma course in Mechanical Engineering because IIT's does not offers Lateral Entry admissions in B.E/B.Tech course. To be eligible to get admission in IIT for doing Engineering course, you must have completed 12th standard with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry subjects from a recognised board and must have appeared, qualified and secured good rank in JEE Main and Advance examination. So, being a Diploma holder, you are not eligible to get admission in IIT for doing Engineering course.
16th January 2016, 07:32 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

IITs doesn't have any lateral entry procedure for admission in a B.Tech course. Therefore, you have to look for other institutes or college for your engineering degree through exams like LEET, JELET etc.

There isn't any procedure for diploma holders and there is only JEE Main and Advanced which also utilises the class 12th marks for admission.
16th January 2016, 10:10 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir/Mam,

I am diploma student
I am complite my diploma in mechanical
In the next year then can I get the admission in IIT engg. Can you please help me with the information on the same?

Thanks!
No, diploma candidates are not eligible for IIT admission.

If you have completed 12th standard from a recognized board with physics, chemistry and mathematics with above 50% marks then you are eligible for IIT exam. 5% marks relaxation is provided for SC/ST category candidates.

Your age should be in between 17 to 25 years.
16th January 2016, 10:38 PM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

No, diploma passed candidates are not eligible to get admission in IIT. IIT stands for Indian Institute of Technology.

The eligibility to get admission in IIT is candidate must have to qualify in both stages of JEE examination.

Diploma passed candidates are not eligible to appear for both stages of JEE examination, hence not eligible to get admission in IIT after diploma.

But, if you are interested in b.tech course you are eligible to get admission through the LEET examination.
30th January 2016, 11:17 PM
Chocolate_boy

No.

Diploma holders are not eligible to join IIT.

JEE is the entrance exam taken by IIT for B.Tech admission in IIT. But only 10+2 candidates are eligible for JEE & diploma is not equivalent to 10+2 ,so diploma holders are not eligible to apply for JEE.

IIT also doesn't offers lateral entry admissions, but diploma holders can join B.Tech in another universities by lateral entry.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?