28th January 2016, 07:02 AM
Unregistered

Whether a final year Food Science & Technology student can write Indian Foreign Services or not?

I am a final year student of food science & technology. I want to write Indian Foreign Service entrance examination. So tell me if i am eligible to write this exam or not?

Related Questions:
  1. Detailed information about CSIR-UGC-NET for Food Science & Technology student?
  2. Whether a B.Tech student is eligible to apply for Indian Foreign Service with Metallurgical Engineering subject?
  3. B.Tech student is eligible to apply for Indian Foreign Service with Metallurgical Engineering subject?
  4. Which is better in terms of job M.Sc Food Technology or M.Sc Food Science & Technology?
  5. List reference books for Food Science and Technology course?
  6. Procedure to get admission in foreign colleges to study M.Tech(Food Technology)?
  7. Sample papers of exam to get admission in MSc(Food Technology) in CFTRI Mysore? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. Can I take CFTRI entrance exam if I am a final year student of food and nutrition and dietetics
  9. Am I eligible for doing M.Sc in Food and Nutrition being a candidate of pursuing final year of B.Sc in Life Science? Which colleges can I apply for this course?
  10. Am I eligible to join Indian Foreign Service being a 22 years old CA Final student?
  11. How many exams are available to join in M.Tech?
  12. JRF Food Science & Technology question papers
  13. How to join in multinational company after passing B.Tech in Food Technology?
  14. List of some foreign companies for internship? I'm in final year student of Electrical engineering from DAV institute?
  15. Am I eligible for IFS exam after passing graduation in Nautical Sciences?
  16. How can I apply for Summer Internship programme at IIT being a M.Tech Food Engineering & Technology student?
  17. Old question papers for food science and technology subject?
  18. What should I do after completing BBA?
28th January 2016, 09:03 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Whether a final year Food Science & Technology student can write Indian Foreign Services or not?

Yes, Final year Food Science and Technology Candidates are certainly eligible for appearing in Indian Foreign Services Examination. The minimum educational qualification required is "Graduate Degree" in ANY DISCIPLINE from a recognized board/ institute. I request you to notice that "Bachelor Degree" in any stream is accepted. So based on that case, I am sure you are eligible to appear in Indian Foreign Services Examination being a Food Science and Technology Graduate. The second thing is regarding "Final year" candidates. Yes, I am sure that Final year candidates are certainly eligible to apply for Indian Foreign Services Examination which is conducted by Union Public Service Commission (UPSC). The minimum age required is 21 years and the maximum age must not exceed 30 years for appearing in Indian Foreign Services Examination. If you belong to any of the reserved categories, then I am sure you are certainly eligible.
28th January 2016, 12:06 PM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

Default Re: Whether a final year Food Science & Technology student can write Indian Foreign Services or not?

Yes, you are eligible to appear for recruitment as Indian Forest Service. For recruitment you have to appear and qualify in Civil Services examination.

UPSC conducts Civil Service examination every year. The eligibility to appear for examination is :-

Candidate must have passed or in final year of graduation from any recognised university.

Candidate's age must be between 21-32 years with relaxation in age for reserved category.

Candidate passed graduation in any discipline are eligible to appear for examination.

So, you are eligible to appear for CSE 2016 examination. The examination is conducted in three stages and it is necessary to qualify in all these stages for final selection.

For more information about examination visit at http://www.upsc.gov.in
28th January 2016, 07:39 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to apply for Indian Foreign Service entrance examination even being a final year student of food science & technology.

The eligibility criteria to join Indian Foreign Service are as under:-

-The candidate must be an Indian.

-The candidate must hold Bachelor's degree or equivalent qualification from a recognized university .The candidates who are in the final year of their degree course can also appear in the preliminary exam conducted by UPSC.

-The age limit to apply for the exam is from 21 years to 32 years.There is age relaxation for OBC candidate by 3 years and SC/ST candidates by 5 years.The upper age limit is also relaxed in favor Defense Services Personnel.

-IFS exam procedure consists of

* Preliminary examination

* Main examination

* Medical test

*Personality Interview.
28th January 2016, 08:26 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Whether a final year Food Science & Technology student write Indian Foreign Services or not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am a final year student of food science & technology. I want to write Indian Foreign Service entrance examination. So tell me if i am eligible to write this exam or not?
Yes, final year of food science & technology student are eligible for Indian Foreign Service entrance examination. This exam is conducted through UPSC Civil Service exam.

If you have completed graduation degree in any discipline from a recognized university then you are eligible for IFS exam. Final years student also eligible for this exam.

Your age should be in between 21 years to 32 years for general candidates. Age relaxation is given below -

5 years relaxation for SC/ST candidates
3 years relaxation for OBC Candidates
10 years relaxation for PHC candidates
5 years relaxation for Ex-serviceman
28th January 2016, 11:20 PM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Whether a final year Food Science & Technology student write Indian Foreign Services or not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes, the aspirant can attend the Indian Foreign Services preliminary examination in the final year of your graduation. But, the aspirant should produce the proof of having passed the said examination along with their application for the main examination. The eligibility to attend the UPSC Preliminary Examination is a pass in graduation degree from a recognised university. The upper age limit is 32 years for general category, for OBC 35 years and for SC/ST 37 years. The aspirant should apply online for the examination. The website link of UPSC is http://www.upsc.gov.in/
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?