28th January 2016, 07:02 AM
Unregistered

Is it possible to write Indian Economic Service exam after studying PGDM course?

I am doing pgdm course and after the completion of the course i want to write Indian Economic Service entrance examination. So i want to confirm whether i can write the entrance or not?

28th January 2016, 08:56 AM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Is it possible to write Indian Economic Service exam after studying PGDM course?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am doing pgdm course and after the completion of the course i want to write Indian Economic Service entrance examination. So i want to confirm whether i can write the entrance or not?
To be eligible for the Indian Economic Service exam, you must have a Master Degree in Economics/Applied Economics/Business Economics/ Econometric from a recognized university and final year student may also eligible to apply.

You are age should be minimum 21 years and maximum 32 years. There is also a relaxation in upper age limit upto 3 years for OBC and 5 years for SC/ST candidates.

You can apply for the Indian Forest Service exam online on following official link of UPSC -

Official website - http://upsconline.nic.in/
28th January 2016, 05:20 PM
bhushankumar398
Senior Member++

Default Re: Is it possible to write Indian Economic Service exam after studying PGDM course?

UPSC conducts Indian Economic Service (IES) exam every year. You are doing PGDM course and want to know about the eligibility for this exam after this course.

>>The minimum eligibility for this exam is that student must possess post graduation degree in Economics/ Applied Economics/ Business Economics/ Econometrics from any recognized university.

>>Since Post graduation degree is of 2 years duration while PGDM course is diploma course which is of about 1 year duration. So you are not eligible for this exam. If you still have any doubt then you can go through the detailed advertisement of IES exam which I am providing to you or you can mail to UPSC regarding this.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf UPSC-IES_ISS-Examination.pdf(305.6 KB, 12 views)
28th January 2016, 07:15 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

You need post graduate degree in economics or its related field to become eligible for UPSC Indian Economic Services exam. PGDM is a diploma qualification which is not equivalent to a masters degree.

Hence, you will not be able to become eligible for this exam on the basis of your PGDM qualification.
28th January 2016, 08:22 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
No, you are not eligible for Indian Economic Service exam.

Those candidates who have completed Post graduate degree in Economics/Applied Economics/Business Economics/Econometric course from a recognized University are eligible for Indian Economics Service exam.

Your age should be in between 21 to 30 years.
28th January 2016, 11:18 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can surely appear for IES examination after the completion of your PGDM course provided your age should not exceed 30 years as it is the maximum age limit permitted to appear for the examination.
28th January 2016, 11:23 PM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
The eligibility to write the Indian Economic Service examination is a pass in post graduate degree from a recognised university in Economics/Applied Economics/Business Economics/Econometrics. So if you have the above mentioned qualification you can appear for the Indian Economic Service Examination conducted by the UPSC. The aspirant has to apply online for the examinations. The notifications will be out in the month of June every year and the examination will be conducted in the month of November every year. The aspirant can check the details in the UPSC website http://www.upsc.gov.in/
28th January 2016, 11:28 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can surely appear for IES examination after the completion of your PGDM course provided your age should not exceed 30 years as it is the maximum age limit permitted to appear for the examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?