4th February 2016, 06:47 AM
Unregistered

Am i eligible to write JEE with Diploma in Chemical Engineering?

I am studying Diploma course in Chemical Engineering stream. I want to appear for IIT JEE entrance examination after the completion of my Diploma course. I want to know if i can do so or not?

Related Questions:
  1. Eligibility to appear in JEE Main for Diploma Chemical Engineer?
  2. Am I eligible for JEE exam after diploma in chemical engineering?
  3. Eligibility to do B.E Mechanical after completion of diploma in Chemical engineering?
  4. Am I eligible to apply for B.E.(Chemical Engineering) if pursuing 3 years diploma programme after completing 10th standard?
  5. Eligibility for Chemical Engineering diploma? -- [Most Discussed]
  6. Is it possible for me to join CA course after completion of diploma in Chemical engineering?
  7. How to take admission in diploma in chemical engineering? How to apply online for diploma in chemical engineering?
  8. Eligibility for B.Tech in Chemical Engineering in CSIR after doing diploma in Chemical Engineering of 3 years?
  9. Which stream in B.Tech is a better choice for me to join after completion of Diploma in Chemical Engineering?
  10. Am I eligible for admission in chemical engineering in LD college of engineering Ahmedabad? I have scored 100 marks in JEE and 58% in Gujarat
  11. Am I eligible to write IIT JEE? I am pursuing diploma(final year student) in electronics engineering from government polytechnic college under UPTU
  12. JEE or other B.Tech entrance exams on the basis of Diploma engineering?
  13. Can I give JEE exam after diploma in chemical engineering?
  14. Am I eligible to study Bachelor of Pharmacy after completing diploma in Chemical Engineering?
  15. Am I eligible for MBA after finishing diploma in Petro Chemical Engineering?
  16. Benefits and scope of Chemical Engineering Diploma course for female candidate?
  17. Can i appear for DRDO test after doing Diploma in Chemical Engineering? -- [New]
  18. List of colleges which offer Chemical Engineering Diploma course in Odisha?
4th February 2016, 01:36 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am i eligible to write JEE with Diploma in Chemical Engineering?

I would like to suggest you to appear in Lateral Entry Entrance Exam to get admission in directly second year of engineering course after completion of your diploma in Mechanical Engineering with minimum 15 percent marks.
It would be better for you to appear in lateral entry entrance exam rather in GEE exam.
4th February 2016, 01:50 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

After completion of diploma in chemical engineering you are eligible to appear in LEET, JELET etc exams to get admission directly in 2nd year of engineering course.
Only diploma holders are eligible to write later entry entrance examinations.
Minimum age limit should be 18 and maximum should not exceed 27 years.
4th February 2016, 05:25 PM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

JEE stands for Joint Entrance Examination. It has two stages:

1. JEE Main.

2. JEE Advanced.

Diploma candidates are only eligible for JEE Main exam. Depending upon your JEE main score and rank, you can get admission in colleges like NIT, IIIT, and other government engineering colleges.

But you will not be eligible for Advanced stage even if you clear Main exam for admission in Indian Institute of Technology.
4th February 2016, 06:56 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Unfortunately, IITs don't offer any lateral entry admission in B.Tech degree courses. Therefore, getting admission for diploma holders is not possible because only first year admission is offered through JEE.

You have to look for other exams like LEET/JELET/DET for admission in second year of the B.Tech degree course.
4th February 2016, 07:09 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to appear in JEE Main examination after completion of your three years Diploma in Chemical Engineering course. To be eligible to appear in JEE Main examination, the candidate must have completed 12th standard with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry subjects from a recognised board. Since, you have not pursued 12th standard, being a Diploma holder, you are not eligible to appear in JEE Main examination.
4th February 2016, 07:17 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am studying Diploma course in Chemical Engineering stream. I want to appear for IIT JEE entrance examination after the completion of my Diploma course. I want to know if i can do so or not?
Yes, diploma in Chemical Engineering candidates are eligible for IIT JEE exam.

If you have completed 12th standard from a recognized board with physics, chemistry and mathematics with above 50% marks then you are eligible for IIT JEE exam. 5% marks relaxation is provided for SC/ST category candidates. You can apply consecutively for 3 years.

Your age should be in between 17 to 25 years.
4th February 2016, 09:30 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

No, I am sorry to say that you are not eligible to appear for IIT JEE entrance examination on your Diploma basis as the minimum eligibility requirement in order to appear for IIT JEE examination is that a candidate should have completed his/her 12th boards from a recognized University and should have scored a minimum of 55% in aggregate.

Therefore, as you have not studies your +2 classes, therefore I am sorry to say that you are not eligible .
4th February 2016, 09:32 PM
Ashfaquerockz
Senior Member+

You are not eligible to appear for your IIT JEE examination on the basis of your Diploma degree.

You should have studied at +2 level in order to be eligible to appear for the above mentioned entrance examination as Diploma holders are not eligible for it.
5th February 2016, 12:11 AM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

No you are not eligible for appearing in the Joint Entrance Exam on the basis of your diploma because there is no such scheme for the diploma candidates. The eligibility for appearing in the Joint Entrance Exam is 12th class from any recognized school.
However you can appear in the JEE exam if you have completed your 12th standard before joining the diploma course. You can apply for the JEE on the basis of your 12th qualification.
My suggestion to you is that you should complete your diploma first and then apply for the bachelor degree in chemical engineering. After completion of your bachelor degree you will be a chemical engineer.
5th February 2016, 09:01 PM
Jitu369

No.

Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) is conducted by IIT every year for admission to B.Tech.

Only 10+2 or its equivalent examination with PCM or PCB are eligible for JEE.

Diploma is not equivalent to 12th, so you aren't eligible after diploma.
7th February 2016, 04:00 PM
monikasiri

No,any student completing diploma in any branch is not eligible for writing the JEE(Joint Entrance Examination) conducted by the IIT(Indian Institutes of Technology).JEE is the entrance exam conducted to get admission in IIT or NIIT.The educational eligibility for JEE is 10+2.So,any diploma student of any branch are not eligible but you can write CET exams like ECET,JET etc conducted by the State Board of Technical Education to get into any university or private colleges for B.Tech or B.E in the respective state.
10th February 2016, 11:45 PM
anuradha1985

No you are not eligible for the JEE(Joint Entrance Exam) only 12th pass candidates in science stream are eligible for JEE Entrance.so, no diploma holder eligible for JEE exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?