1st March 2016, 06:37 PM
Unregistered

Whether a candidate is eligible to apply for Science & Maths Olympiad individually?

Hello Friends,
My daughter is in 3rd standard and very much interested in appearing in Science and Maths Olympiad exams. But her school doesn't support at this moment. Can she apply for the exam individually and without school help? Please advise.

7th March 2016, 04:09 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Whether a candidate is eligible to apply for Science & Maths Olympiad individually?

No, I am sorry to say that any candidate cannot apply for Olympiads externally, they have to get themselves registered via their school, only if their school itself is registered with SOF.

If the school however is not registered, then I am sorry to say that your daughter cannot apply for Olympiads individually.
7th March 2016, 04:13 PM
Ashfaquerockz
Senior Member+

Default Re: Whether a candidate is eligible to apply for Science & Maths Olympiad individually?

I am sorry to say that your daughter cannot apply for Science or maths Olympiads individually as there is no such provision for it. The school in which our child is studying should be registered with SOF(the body responsible for organizing Olympiads), in order to encourage children to enroll in Olympiads and if the school only itself is not registered, then I am sorry to say that your child cannot apply for Olympiads individually.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?