11th March 2016, 08:12 AM
Unregistered

Is it necessary to have studied science in 12th for B.Arch admission?

Dear sir/ mam,

I have completed my 12th from commerce stream. Now i am doing interior designing diploma course but i am willing to do b.arch. I wanted to know that is it necessary to have science in 12th for doing b.arch. Waiting for your reply.

Related Questions:
11th March 2016, 01:09 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it necessary to have studied science in 12th for B.Arch admission?

The candidate who is interested to pursue Bachelor of architecture degree course after completion of class 12th must have studied physics, chemistry and mathematics in class 12th with minimum 50% marks for general category and 45% for reserved categories.
11th March 2016, 01:33 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it necessary to have studied science in 12th for B.Arch admission?

You are eligible to pursue Bachelor of Architecture course if you have studied physics, chemistry and maths in class 12 with minimum 50% marks for general category and relaxation of 5% is SC/ ST category.
11th March 2016, 02:03 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

No, it is not necessary to study science in 12th for B.Arch Admission.
Candidate must have studied Mathematics as one of the main subjects.
Candidate must have passed 12th with at least 50% marks.
So, if you have studied Mathematics as one of the main subject then you are also eligible to apply for B.Arch admission.
11th March 2016, 03:00 PM
ruthless
Member+

Yes, it is necessary to have studied science in 12th for B.arch admission.
It is not possible for you without science to study or to do course of architecture because the subjects like physics ,chemistry and maths in class XII are necessary.
11th March 2016, 03:05 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dear sir/ mam,

I have completed my 12th from commerce stream. Now i am doing interior designing diploma course but i am willing to do b.arch. I wanted to know that is it necessary to have science in 12th for doing b.arch. Waiting for your reply.
Yes, it is necessary to have studied science in 12th standard for B.Arch admission.

Those candidates who have passed 10+ 2 or equivalent with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate are eligible for B.Arch entrance exam. You must have studied Mathematics as a main subject in 10+2 or equivalent.

You age should be above 16 years.
11th March 2016, 07:25 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Only maths is required at class 12th level for admission in B.Arch course. You can get admission through entrance exams like JEE Main and NATA.

Hence, if you have studied maths then be prepared for entrance exam. If not then you have to look for other courses.
11th March 2016, 07:37 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Yes, it is necessary to have studied Science at your 12th level as it is the minimum educational requirement to provide admission to candidates in the course.
11th March 2016, 07:38 PM
Ashfaquerockz
Senior Member+

Yes, obviously it is very much necessary to have studied B.Arch at your +2 level of education, as without having studied science at +2 level you will not be allowed to appear for entrance examinations to pursue the course.
11th March 2016, 09:55 PM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

Yes, candidate passed 10+2 with commerce stream are eligible to pursue B.Arch course.

The candidate passed 10+2 with Commerce and have mathematics as main paper with minimum 50% can pursue course from any recognised university. The admission is conducted on basis of entrance examination conducted by various university.

But, candidates of commerce and arts stream are not eligible to get admission in B.Arch from 2018 academic year.
12th March 2016, 12:43 AM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Dear sir/ mam,

It is not necessary to have studied science group in 12th standard but you should have studied mathematics in 12th standard. The eligibility to study B.Arch course is a pass in 10+2 with mathematics as one of the subjects with 60% marks. You have to appear for the NATA (National Aptitude Test in Architecture) entrance examination conducted by the Council of Architecture. The marks scored in NATA and 12th standard are considered for the admission to the B.Arch course. The course duration is 5 years. You can study the course in many colleges like;
12th March 2016, 12:55 AM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Dear sir/ mam,

Yes , it is necessary that you must complete 12th standard in Science stream with Physics, and Mathematics as a main subject from a recognized university to be eligible for B.Arch course. Since, you have completed 12th standard in Commerce hence you are ineligible to apply for B.Arch. However, you can apply for the Graduation course which is related to Commerce stream such as,
  • Bachelor of Commerce
  • Bachelor of Arts
  • Bachelor of Bank Management
  • Bachelor of Business Administration etc.
2nd March 2017, 07:19 PM
Unregistered

After completion of intermediate level is there any entrance exam for architecture
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?